Gibson Brands Forums

Pop-ups on this site

saturn

I haven't been here as much lately. I noticed that the Forum site has been redone recently and there are some real differences.

But today I experienced something I never did on the old format. On three separate occasions so far I got pop-ups from Gibson. The first seemed to be some new streaming service or something. And then two times I was told I was the such-and-such visitor to the site and if I take a survey I get some prize:-k  Is this the new normal around here?

Oh, and I also see that after I make a post, some of my words are double-underlined, and if I hover the cursor over that word, another small pop-up ad  window appears . 

Edited by saturn

No, not normal - you definitely have a computer virus. The pop-ups are probably not from Gibson; what streaming service?

I must warn forum members not to click on the links in the OP's post.

[scared]

Edited by jdgm
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, jdgm said:

No, not normal - you definitely have a computer virus. The pop-ups are probably not from Gibson; what streaming service?

I must warn forum members not to click on the links in the OP's post.

[scared]

You clicked on them didn't you? LOL

• Haha 1

You could do a lot worse than to try installing Ad Blocker Plus on your computer. I've been using it for years and I never get any pop-ups nor advertisements. Makes SUCH a difference to the on-line experience not to be getting all that crap all the time...

Pip.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Big Bill said:

You clicked on them didn't you? LOL

In fact  - no! [biggrin]

I had something similar in the past, big nuisance and hard to get rid of - didn't know an ad-blocker would take care of it.....:-k?

• 1 month later...