Gibson Brands Forums

It's a real Gibson LP or fake ?

bisco

Hi everybody, i need help! I'm talking with a guitar seller and he wants to sell me a GIBSON LES PAUL TRIBUTE 50 GOLDTOP P-90 (Year 2013) . This guy show me the  Gibson certificate with serial ecc...

I need to see the model throught the Model N°(  LPTR5G5CHI ). If you can find information about this Model N it would be awesome! I got serial number too ( 134220359 ). I need to know if model n and serial number match with this guitar.

Here there is a Google Drive links with all photos of this guitar https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1u2NUdsXAPLT9CG3sTqc6M0G_rp3XUuHC 

Let me know if it's authentic or not, i dont really wanna waste my money !

P.S: I found that the guitar was built in : 07-dec-2012 (serial: 0359) (Manufactured in Nashville), but on the back of the guitar it says "Made in USA 2013". It's normal ?

Thanks to everyone who will help me!

Edited by bisco

17 minutes ago, bisco said:

P.S: I found that the guitar was built in : 07-dec-2012 (serial: 0359) (Manufactured in Nashville), but on the back of the guitar it says "Made in USA 2013". It's normal ?

yes  nothing unusual about that.  Not much to know about it..  it's a tribute gold top with P90s. These are .bought new all day long for just north of $1k.

So far it does look legit, at least some of the obvious red flags don't show up here.  If you can get a picture of what is under the truss rod cover, (want to see what the adjustment end of that truss rod looks like)  that would probably end any and all doubt.  But from what is there,  - looks good to go.

Edited by kidblast

1 minute ago, kidblast said:

yes  nothing unusual about that.  So far it does look legit, at least some of the obvious red flags don't show up here.  If you can get a picture of what is under the truss rod cover, (want to see what the adjustment end of that truss rod looks like)  that would probably end any and all doubt.  But from what is there,  - looks good to go.

I will ask him! and i let you know asap

9 minutes ago, bisco said:

Thanks for answer Bill! He's asking me 550 euro for this one! Do you think its original ?

I think that's a very fair price. I would buy it.

The gold and black with the p90s are SWEET!

Edited by Big Bill

9 minutes ago, bisco said:

Someone knows how to find a guitar model throught the Model Number ? The MN of this guitar matches with the MN on the certificate ?

Gibson Customer service would be your best source for that.

US & Canada: 1-800-4GIBSON
Europe: 00+8004GIBSON1

45 minutes ago, kidblast said:

yes  nothing unusual about that.  Not much to know about it..  it's a tribute gold top with P90s. These are .bought new all day long for just north of $1k.

So far it does look legit, at least some of the obvious red flags don't show up here.  If you can get a picture of what is under the truss rod cover, (want to see what the adjustment end of that truss rod looks like)  that would probably end any and all doubt.  But from what is there,  - looks good to go.

this is the truss rod pic : https://ibb.co/1dn1Ncn