Gibson Brands Forums

Slightly Used 335 Anyone?

IanHenry

That is cool that the guitar is still in one piece and playable.  No mention of the price in the article, but I hope whoever gets it doesn't just store it away waiting to make a profit.  If ever there was a guitar that deserved to played - that is the one!!

I saw the band back in '69 in NYC.  At the end of their set, Alvin threw his guitar about fifteen feet into the air and let if hit the stage and walked off.  The crowd had been very rude to the band when they first started their set.  They closed with "Coming home" and the crowd went nuts.  I think that was his way of giving the crowd the reverse "V" that the Brits use instead of the middle finger.

Many years ago I saw Freddie King's ES (think it was a 345?) advertised for sale.  

After his death, obviously;  with it came one of his stage suits which I remember was bright yellow with big blue stars, or vice versa.

I could have just about afforded the guitar even back then, but the thought of having his suit in the wardrobe (or in a box) put me off. 

A bit ghoulish I thought.