Gibson Brands Forums

Replacement COA for Dickie Bettes Gold top

TommysLesPaul

14 hours ago, Black Dog said:

The people you need to ask are at Gibson Customer Service.  But, I'm pretty sure that they don't replace lost/missing COAs under any circumstance.

Yup, I was just talking to one of my local Gibson dealers yesterday......pretty much said it's impossible to get a replacement COA from Gibson, even with proof of purchase and authentication. I remember when Fender Custom Shop used to be pretty much the same way, but they've loosened up. Was also told PRS was even worse than Gibson, which I find hard to believe.

On 8/24/2019 at 1:39 PM, Joe M said:

Yup, I was just talking to one of my local Gibson dealers yesterday......pretty much said it's impossible to get a replacement COA from Gibson, even with proof of purchase and authentication....Was also told PRS was even worse than Gibson, which I find hard to believe.

...or better than; it depends on one's viewpoint.

Unluckily for you Gibson will not issue a replacement but imagine if an unscrupulous person had altered a GT to resemble a Dickey Betts Signatire model, subsequently received a COA from Gibson and then passed it off for a substantially jacked-up sum of money to some poor soul as the real deal...

Pip.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...