Gibson Brands Forums

Guitars have vanished from Gibson's Website?

MrNotProg

Hello All,

I've recently been browsing Gibson's Website from Australia and it seems that a few guitars have disappeared from view/ possibly been discontinued by Gibson? These are a mix of USA and Custom models, seem to all be 2019, 2018 and some earlier models as well.

I looked for the Les Paul Standard, but it is nowhere to be found, nor is the Traditional, even the HP...  It doesn't matter what line you look at- even Acoustic or Custom from what I understand. To put it simply, a noticeable number of models names seem to have disappeared  from a number of ranges (Explorer, SG, Les Paul, Memphis).

Is this a glitch or has Gibson actually made the decision to discontinue the seemingly invisible models?

Any info is much appreciated.

Eracer_Team, Thanks for letting me know. In saying there is new Management and a new CEO, I'm absolutely sure that Gibson would be doing what's necessary. Badbluesplayer, are you saying the Traditional and the Standard have been renamed as different variations of the Standard (or the '50s and the '60s)? Seems like a simple case of mistaken identity on my part. Thanks! Also, does the equivalent of the once "Standard" have weight relief like modern models? Or has the "Standard" now been renamed the modern? I know I could probably look this up myself, but I'm intrigued to hear from people in the know and get some opinions and/or facts.

Everything changed with the new management this year.  For the solid bodies, all the main models are still there.  The many sub-models of the LP have changed.   It's a little confusing, but that's not really new, LP models have been confusing for while.  They are now divided into the Original and Modern Collections.  The new Standards are in the Original Collection, they have no weight relief, which is about the only thing I don't like about them.  The new Standard '50s is similar to the old Traditional.  The new Standard '60s is similar the old Classic.  Of course, there is a new Classic which is part of the Modern Collection (see, it's confusing).  The HPs are gone and now there is the Modern Collection which are not really like the old HPs.

The site used to have a more comprehensive list of older models with specs but that's mostly gone.  They do still have some old models and specs but only back to 2015.  It's on the Support menu at the bottom.  http://legacy.gibson.com/

• Like 1