Gibson Brands Forums
MikeCT

2019 SG Standard neck shape (and getting used to it)

No problem.  The “2019” releases are super confusing and I see retailers selling these with the old pics of the guitars that they have but with the new descriptions.  Kind of a mess....

3 hours ago, Mike CT said:

No problem.  The “2019” releases are super confusing and I see retailers selling these with the old pics of the guitars that they have but with the new descriptions.  Kind of a mess....

Webmasters cost money....

I have (had) a 2017, 2019 and 2019 SG Standard as well as a 2019 SG Tribute.  The 17-19 all had SlimTaper necks and they were all pretty thin.  The 2017 had the thinnest neck.  All were in the general "thin" category.  The 2019 SG Tribute that I have now has a 'rounded' neck and for me feels right.  If the 'new' 2019 SG Standards have the rounded neck I might like that as well.  When I say 'rounded' its not a little thicker than the SlimTaper - its not a baseball bat like my old 2013 SGJ.  I also have a '70s Tribute SG with the 70's type neck and volute. That neck feels really nice to me as well.  Needless to say I have only kept the 70s Tribute and the 2019 Tribute.