Gibson Brands Forums

Custom V-Factor pickguards??

Bender 4 Life

Love my V !! It's Ebony, and the stock p'ups just SCREAM !

It looks just a tad plain though, with that massive white pickguard.

Is there anywhere that sells pre mfr'd. Mother of toilet seat (pearloid)

or Red MOTS (tortise shell) pickguards and TRC's ??

I chat with a tech. that can make them, but doesn't want to have to buy an entire sheet

for just 1 guard...........so i'm looking for perhaps a company that does this regularly.

Thanks in advance for any help y'all render.

Heres a pic of it, in the stand I made for it for about $15.

GarysCam059.jpg

www.greasygroove.com/

Some of their stuff is real cheesy, but some is real cool (if only I could distinguish between the 2). A quick, cheap, n real easy makeover for pickguards is contact paper, that is if it's a pattern thing you want... check out my avatar<<<<<<<<

PS, is there any difference between your V and whatever V preceded it or is it just a new & exciting model name for the same model? I was just looking at one in a catalog & wondered what the hell makes it "V-factor X" or whatever they call it. The one I saw looked like a good ol Flying V, same as it ever was!

www.greasygroove.com/

Some of their stuff is real cheesy' date=' but some is real cool (if only I could distinguish between the 2). A quick, cheap, n real easy makeover for pickguards is contact paper, that is if it's a pattern thing you want... check out my avatar<<<<<<<<

PS, is there any difference between your V and whatever V preceded it or is it just a new & exciting model name for the same model? I was just looking at one in a catalog & wondered what the hell makes it "V-factor X" or whatever they call it. The one I saw looked like a good ol Flying V, same as it ever was![/quote']

Its a "good ole' Flying V".......but for some reason, both Gibson, & GC were calling it the "V-Factor" at

the time I bought it. I don't know if this was an early attempt to distinguish it from the "Faded" V

or what the reasoning was.

Archived