Gibson Brands Forums

The color of my Gibbie - how it is called?

i7mak7

I have a problem - I can't identify the color of my Gibson Les Paul Standard. When I bought this guitar, a clerk said that it was in Honey Sunburst. But comparing it to the pictures in the Gibson webpage I found out that its color doesn't look like Honeyburst, nor the other colors shown there. Can someone help me? Tell me how this color is called, please. 111.jpg

i don't think its a honeyburst...probably the washed heritage cherry like few have said already. best thing to do is loosen up the strings (or wait til the next string change) and look under the pickup for the color code.

Thank y'all! I'm sure it's not a heritage cherry sunburst, now I think it's a light burst. I have pre-pack checklist and the modal number is LP6+LBNHI (or NH1 in the end - someone who packed my guitar has an illegible handwriting). Does LB here mean Lightburst?

Iced tea burst maybe? I think I saw this color in a catalogue once... but I'm not sure...

Sincerely

JohnM.

Definitely not Iced Tea Burst (see my pic below of my R8 Iced Tea Burst and you can see the difference)' date=' too much red in the coloring to be Iced Tea. I'll guess Light Burst too, bordering on HC.

'08 R8 ICED TEA BURST:

[img']http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d127/FenderDen/Gibson/1958%20LP/005-1.jpg[/img]

Thank y'all! I'm sure it's not a heritage cherry sunburst' date=' now I think it's a light burst. I have pre-pack checklist and the modal number is LP6+LBNHI (or NH1 in the end - someone who packed my guitar has an illegible handwriting). Does LB here mean Lightburst?[/quote']

Yes, that is correct and "NH" equates to nickel hardware.

Archived