Gibson Brands Forums

The Faded Club

Thundergod

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello,

New member here, post #1!

I'll add picks of my very first Gibson LP Studio Faded later, but I've gotta say, having been primarliy a Strat player for 10+ years.......... DAMN this LP feels so good!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

my main axe is a Gibson LP Studio (faded Mahogany).

I wanted something unique so i added a Bigsby B7, a metal pickguard engraved with my name, an Indian wood TRC with an image of a wolf on it, and a set of D'addario xl medium flatwound chromes.

and a roller bridge, just for everyone to know if you modify your guitar from a normal tailpiece like a stopbar to a Bigsby its going to go out of tune a lot. I bought a roller bridge and tht seemed to help a lot.

also suppose to be getting some Rosewood Strat style knobs here in a while, when I do I'll update the pics.

003.jpg

002.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all!

Long time lurker first time poster. I had an SG standard and a Les Paul Classic about 7 years ago but sadly I had to sell them due to money issues. After that I was in college for 5+ years so I never really made time to play but now things are finally turning around so I decided to put this little honey on layaway at my local guitar store.

I had never really heard about the Les Paul Faded Standards so after I found a 2008 HB in almost brand new condition hanging on the wall I had to do some research (including this thread.) Shortly after playing it in the store I decided to pull the trigger. This guitar plays beautifully and it has some low action with only some minor bridge buzz.

Only four more payments and it's mine! [thumbup]

IMG_0001.jpg

IMG_0002.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

A few more pics...it looks different depending on the lighting...and it's one of the things I love about it. It is more shiny than stock as Larry Corsa buffs these out with Virtuoso Cleaner before he ships them and I also hand polished it myself with Virtuoso Cleaner and then Virtuoso Polish. Still not as shiny as a regular LP Standard but I love the vintage look.

IMG_0152.jpg

IMG_0161.jpg

IMG_0160.jpg

IMG_0154.jpg

IMG_0155.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

A few more pics...it looks different depending on the lighting...and it's one of the things I love about it. It is more shiny than stock as Larry Corsa buffs these out with Virtuoso Cleaner before he ships them and I also hand polished it myself with Virtuoso Cleaner and then Virtuoso Polish. Still not as shiny as a regular LP Standard but I love the vintage look.

Hey jmurph69, what's the LCPG # of your guitar?? I recently bought #078 from '07. Awesome Corsa mods, mine had the Faber bridge replaced with a Japanese built bridge, but I have a Faber on the way from Mr.Corsa. Will post pics upon completion of my Peter Green.

DJ

Archived