Gibson Brands Forums

Darned hackers..

saturn

Last week I was at SnowFROC, an all day OWASP web security conference. Scared me silly and I've been in the computer industry for over 20 years. Basically it doesn't matter what OS you're on, if it's connected to the Internet it is at risk to some degree. For SQL server it doesn't matter what server it is or what OS it's running on they are all vulnerable.

Last week I was at SnowFROC' date=' an all day OWASP web security conference. Scared me silly and I've been in the computer industry for over 20 years. Basically it doesn't matter what OS you're on, if it's connected to the Internet it is at risk to some degree. For SQL server it doesn't matter what server it is or what OS it's running on they are all vulnerable.

+1

I've been in the business since the '80s and anything that you put online can be hacked...either by someone with code skills or by some idiot that doesn't protect his/her password. It scares the sh1t out of me to think the US government is going to move ahead with electronic medical records. I understand the cost savings and convenience of the move, but anybody that beleives their health information is going to be safe is living in a dream world...

My .02

Archived