Gibson Brands Forums

World Travel II

daveinspain

OK so now we know where some of us have been.... Where would you like to go? I'll start...

India, I have always been fascinated by the culture...

Egypt, I have always wanted to see the pyramids

Japan, To pig out on sushi... the real deal.

China, Ok, so I'm obsessed with food but also interested in the culture and visit the great wall...

Hawaii, with all the years I lived in California I never went, I want to see a volcano erupting...

Africa to do a photo safari....

The Caribbean, to finally have a real vacation, sun and fun...

Edit, Oops I forgot Tibet.... To see if I can find myself in the book of names... O:)

My traveling has been very limited. I went all over New Brunswick and once to Quebec City when I was a kid, traveling with my parents and a freelance photographer (yes, I was the anonymous kid in some calendar pics), a couple times through Mass in my brother's trailer truck and once in a panicked trip to Marlborough in a pickup delivering frickin' GOLF spikes to an air freight company. My only recent travel was a trip to Bozeman in June 07, first time on a plane in my life.

One of my 'lottery' fantasies would be to travel the country in a motor home and try to get to know the people. Drop anchor in a WalMart parking lot in Dry Ridge, Kentucky; if I didn't like it after a couple days, pack up and go to the next town. If I liked it, maybe stay a month or two.

Of course I'd like to travel the world too, but again, more to meet the people than to see the sights.

Strange, I am not a social butterfly and I'm mostly uncomfortable in a crowd of people, but look at my lottery fantasies!

high on my list (in no particular order):

Galapagos

Machu Picchu Peru

Angkor Wat Cambodia

Antarctica

Australia

India

France

Casbah / Algeria

Amazon Rain Forest (before it's gone)

Kenya and other south of the Sahara African parks

Cape Verde Islands (love the music)

Brazil (also love the music)

Cuba (but my government won't let me go - but I've been to Miami)

Buenos Aires / Montevideo

Hungary

Romania

Russia

Spain

Greece

Istanbul

Prague

Bali

Egypt

Chile

.... and just about anywhere that isn't having a war ....

Insights and incites by Notes

My next trip abroad should be to the USA but not for long enough to see the whole country, sadly.

Other than that - in no particular order, I'd most like to visit;

Canada

Every country in Central- and South-America

Antarctica

Tibet

China

India

Japan

Hungary

Poland

New Zeland

Most of Africa

Norway

Although I'd be more than happy to go anywhere at all.

England

Scotland

Germany' date=' the land of my ancestors

A monkey reserve in Africa, the land of Homz's ancestors :D/

Greece, to see one of the birthplaces of civilization

Italy

France, to see what Homz wants America to become #-o

Just messin with you Homz.[/quote']

Just think of the advantages you and your buddies would have if you all moved to France. They have that really tall pointy thing, that would make a great elevated platform for taking shots at all the 'light in the loafers' types. And you know they wouldn't shoot back.

Just think of the advantages you and your buddies would have if you all moved to France. They have that really tall pointy thing' date=' that would make a great elevated platform for taking shots at all the 'light in the loafers' types. And you know they wouldn't shoot back.

[/quote']

Wow! I didn't think of that! Great Idea, Homz. That's where I'm going first.

Archived