Gibson Brands Forums

Guitar Hero

Boston004681

Guitar Hero doesn't bother me like it does some on this forum. (We've talked about this before ya see). If it gets some kids interested in playing guitar - more power to it. It certainly improves kids taste in music! I was puzzled as to why so many students were asking about these classic rock and metal songs until I figured out it was because they were on Guitar Hero.

As for playing Guitar Hero myself ... nope. I don't have enough time to play guitar anyway (ya know.. job and all that grown up s**t) so why would I waste it pretending to play guitar when I can do it for real?

As for playing Guitar Hero myself ... nope. I don't have enough time to play guitar anyway (ya know.. job and all that grown up s**t) so why would I waste it pretending to play guitar when I can do it for real?

Same for me. I get about an hour a night to practice my guitar/piano and then about half an hour here. That's all the free time I have, outside of playing with my kid that is...

Playing guitar hero actually helped me. Ive noticed I can play more notes faster on bass because Ive played guitar hero on the hard level. Im not saying it can help everybody but it helped me.

I also think its a fun game to play when you freinds over and are hanging out, Great way to pass the time sometime.

I played it with some friends in NY. It was fun... Actually now that I think of it, I played Rock band. Same basic Idea I guess.... Anyway we had a good time. I am the only musician in the group, so it was kind of cool to get to "Jam" with some friends. I for the most part played the drums as no one else seemed to be able to hold a beat!! :D/

Guitar Hero doesn't bother me like it does some on this forum. (We've talked about this before ya see). If it gets some kids interested in playing guitar - more power to it. It certainly improves kids taste in music! I was puzzled as to why so many students were asking about these classic rock and metal songs until I figured out it was because they were on Guitar Hero.

Exactly why i don't play it.

I'd just rather spend all those hours learning to REALLY play the instrument and rock out for real.

Just me, but I think video games as a whole are a curse to mankind. There is so much time wasted that could be used to do something much more creative and useful.

I'd just rather spend all those hours learning to REALLY play the instrument and rock out for real.

Just me' date=' but I think video games as a whole are a curse to mankind. There is so much time wasted that could be used to do something much more creative and useful.[/quote']

Some are a waste, like guitar hero, and call of duty.

I don't care what you say about halo. it ROCKS!! MetalSmiley.gif You can't change my mind about that one.

sorry but if your having time with the kids you can play together?? besides in my opinion, people should make time to play and have a laugh, playing the real thing is great but not at the cost of locking yourself away to practice. when i grab my LP, i give the kids a tamborine or something, get em to dance, have fun!! all kinds of games, or music is meant to be enjoyed and encourage fun..... a curse?? jesus wtf

i played it with my nephew and he really enjoyed "beating me" in it ( i hate vid games). I promised him i would get even with him. The next week I brought over my LP, ac30 and Tubescreamer pedal, cranked it to 10, and had him running off to his room covering his ears for dear life!!! I think i might have given him nightmares (and myself a bad case of tinitus). it was fun to show him the the real thing:-#

I think it's a fun game, but I don't see the point in playing it. I think they should make a REAL guitar hero were you can plug in your Lester, etc into the console and play along as the tab / sheet music scrolls across the screen. That would also be way more challenging...

I think it's a fun game' date=' but I don't see the point in playing it. I think they should make a REAL guitar hero were you can plug in your Lester, etc into the console and play along as the tab / sheet music scrolls across the screen. That would also be way more challenging...[/quote']

+1

I think it's a fun game' date=' but I don't see the point in playing it. I think they should make a REAL guitar hero were you can plug in your Lester, etc into the console and play along as the tab / sheet music scrolls across the screen. That would also be way more challenging...[/quote']That's what I said, when it was first announced! +1

A kid I teach hadn't practised, and when I asked "why?" he said he hadn't had time as he had been playing Guitar hero!!

The good sides are that lots of kids otherwise interested in things like Fallout Boy as a result of Guitar hero become aware of a whole world of great players that otherwise would have been lost to them.

Matt

Archived