Gibson Brands Forums

Favorite Local Stores

harmonicchaos

Here in Pensacola, selection is limited so for Local's it would be Blue's Angel Music. For a large store with lot's to look at it's Guitar Center. Both have a good selection of Gibson,s, the owner of Blues Angel is something of a Les Paul expert and has an awesome staff and they actually work on Guitars.:)

Epi Les Paul Silverburst

Fender HSS Strat

Alverez Acoustic

You KNEW this was coming!

www.bizarreguitar.net

I've been all over the US and never seen a store as well stocked and well maintained.

60 Les Pauls hanging on the wall as we speak.

www.flickr.com/photos/11455727%40N08/2726241191/

www.flickr.com/photos/11455727%40N08/2726241021/

Over the Randy Rhodes stack you can see all the Rickenbackers

www.flickr.com/photos/11455727%40N08/2726241341/

They have two of the last new left handed Les Pauls to leave the factory a couple years ago. Both are Lefty 58 RI.

www.flickr.com/photos/11455727%40N08/2726148497/

Russo Music Center

My mother did all her rentals through them throughout her career (elementary school music teacher, retired).

I got my first Fender Deluxe II amp there when I was in highschool back in the early 80's (when they were located in a converted Cape Cod style house).

They gave me a job when I graduated college and had trouble finding work.

At 42 years old, Russo's is still the first place I shop. Mr. and Mrs. Russo a great people who are still running the place, they keep their prices competitive and their staff sharp.

Here in Pensacola' date=' selection is limited so for Local's it would be Blue's Angel Music. For a large store with lot's to look at it's Guitar Center. Both have a good selection of Gibson,s, the owner of Blues Angel is something of a Les Paul expert and has an awesome staff and they actually work on Guitars.=P~

Epi Les Paul Silverburst

Fender HSS Strat

Alverez Acoustic[/quote']

i like tringas i live to far from blues angels.

You are all making me jealous. We have no guitar stores anywhere very close that I have found. There is two small stores that sell only ibanez and a few other offbrands (no gibson, fender, prs, etc). If anyone knows some nice west tennessee guitar stores, please let me know, I'll drive to memphis if anyone can recommend one.

Small beach town... local shop? You kidding? I have to drive 30 miles to Jacksonville for a proper guitar shop. There are a couple small shops that keep a few guitars - used - occasionally something worth while. Good thing the internet has everything I generally need (as far as supplies - picks, strings, pedals, etc.)

The mention of Memphis caught my eye. Unfortunately when I lived there it was during my guitar drought. The poor little guitars I had at the time sat quietly in their cases awaiting the rebirth they knew would come.

Where I am now? Hell, it's functionally a minimum of 60 miles to a guitar store and I haven't lost anything there other than an inclination for strings that is easily answered via mail/web order. It's not New York here, f'r sure.

Allegro Music in parker colorado.

I'll have to check them out - I'm about 20 minutes from Parker.

I've not found that many local guitar stores...

National Speaker and Sound - I just bought a Emenince Wizard speaker for my amp build

Mars amp repair

Other than those I dunno? You would think since I've been hear for a year now I would have checked more places out?

If you want new Gibsons in my area there's only mega stores like Guitar Center and now Best Buy carries a few also.

Bills Music has a lot of great stuff and if you like PRS there's Garret Park Guitars in Annapolis.

I used to shop at Bill's Music all the time when I lived in Maryland. Ok I also went to Mars since they were so close.

Archived