Gibson Brands Forums

The upside of the downslide

Bluemoon

FYI--this is a political free thread.

So I was thinking that there might be an upside to the economic crisis we are in...which is that such events often lead to great rock music. I am thinking that this downturn will rid the world of this crap, pop, American idol, **** boy-band junk. The more pissed off youth is and the more they feel that they have very little options, the better the music they will produce.

What do you think?

FYI--this is a political free thread.

So I was thinking that there might be an upside to the economic crisis we are in...which is that such events often lead to great rock music. I am thinking that this downturn will rid the world of this crap' date=' pop, American idol, **** boy-band junk. The more pissed off youth is and the more they feel that they have very little options, the better the music they will produce.

What do you think? [/quote']

Give me 5 years or so, I'm a music writing machine. Well, not quite machine. I'd say more typewriter or computer w/ dial-up. :-

So, that would be the downside to the upside to the downslide...

New Music.

Check out The Answer.

4 lads from Belfast, Northern Ireland.

I haven't been this pumped about a new band in several years.

They truly pay homage to all the 70's heyday bands like Zep, Bad Co, Aerosmith, and later stuff like the Black Crowes.

The had the opening slot on the AC/DC tour.

They got some money to get kicked off somehow, they did a couple videos that were pretty slick.

Archived