Gibson Brands Forums

Thinking about getting a Robot V

CanadaBoy23

Hey I was thinking of getting a Robot V soon and I was wondering to anyone who has one, hows it sound and whats it like? I had played a normal V at a GC and I instanley fell in love with the sound. But if I got a V, why not get one that tunes itself. So to anyone that has one, let me know your thoughts on the Robot V.

Ive got one and it is awesome. Same tones as any other Gibson V I have heard or played (of course you have to account for wide variety of pickups on different models), outstanding sustain, a lot lighter than you would expect but not so light as to feel "cheezy". The playability of the neck is to die for, i let a friend play it who has an old Les Paul (in excellent condition) and he did not want to hand it back, he said it was the best feeling and playing guitar he had ever laid his hands on. The stock P/U's are really hot, great for dirty rock and metal but you would be suprised at the nice clean tones you can get. I am considering a replacement neck pickup because it is a little darker than I like but it is not a bad pickup. I have found myself playing alot more than I did before with this guitar because the quality and sound are just so good that I always want to have it in my hands. The build is top notch and the metallic red finish is alot nicer looking in real life than in pictures. The Robot system works great on this guitar and I have had no problems with it after 6 months. Ive got no complaints about this guitar except that my tone knob stared getting scratchy a couple of weeks ago, but cleaning the pot a couple of times and working it a bit seems to have made that problem go away (I hope for good), if not Ive got the warranty and will send it in to get fixed for free. The only thing I wish for on this guitar is a second volume knob like the old V's but I can certainly live without it or mod it in the future. I dont think you would be dissapointed with this guitar, if you can find one I would suggest trying before buying but I would recommend that to anyone about any guitar just because of peoples different tastes. Let me know if you have any more ??

Thanks for your opinion. Well I've asked a lot of GC's here if they have one in stock or can order it so I will have to wait and see. But definatly, I love the tone from the 500T pickup. Plus I notcied when I played a normal V, I play a lot better so that's a big plus.

Archived