Gibson Brands Forums

Do you have a beard and does it make you a better guitarist?

stevezapp

I've noticed on the picture thread that most of the forum members (myself included) have beards

Yes, I wondered about that too!

Off the top of my head I can think of quite a few (at least part-time!) bearded Paul-slingers;

The Rev. B.F.Gibbons, Paul Kossoff, Eric Clapton, even Jimmy Page has sported chin-fur on occasion...

Perhaps we spend all of our free-time practising and don't consider those few minutes with a razor as time-well-spent!

Yes' date=' I wondered about that too!

Off the top of my head I can think of quite a few (at least part-time!) bearded Paul-slingers;

The Rev. B.F.Gibbons, Paul Kossoff, Eric Clapton, even Jimmy Page has sported chin-fur on occasion...

Perhaps we spend all of our free-time practising and don't consider those few minutes with a razor as time-well-spent!

[/quote']

Very true!

On a seperate note, it's good to see Kossoff mentioned as he's often overlooked when guitarists are mentioned.

I'm a huge fan of Free.

I usually grow the beard every winter and I swear the MOJO just oooozes from my guitar when I have the beard. The ladies like the beard in the winter and the smooth in the summer. It's been warmer than usual here the second half of winter, so I shaved. The MOJO is slowly fading. NOT!

Had mine since high school. Cut it off once and my wife told me if I did it again she was going to leave me. She had never really seen my face till that day. She cut me deep by saying that. Man I always thought I was a handsome guy. She told me the problem was I looked ral young and she didn't marry a kid. BONG! I'll never shave it again.:-k

*sigh*

June 18th' date=' the day I graduated from high school.

Who the heck would ever remember something like that?[/quote']

Hehe :-k

That is pretty sad.

I can't remember what I did last week.

Mind you, I don't think that's a good thing.

What was I saying again.....?

A beard gives me a different attitude. Do I play better because of that? no, I still suck...

I grow mine for a couple of months during the winter and usually shave it in patterns before I shave it all off again.

I get called "Sr" a lot more having a beard.

The cycle is clean shave--->full beard--->wide goatee with long sideburns--->the moustache goes--->clean shave....

Wife says "Cut your beard, and I'll cut my hair."

I'm bearded for life, I reckon :-k

Funny... it all started in my college dorm room, as we discussed who could/could not grow a beard. I'd never tried, so....

Wife says "Cut your beard' date=' and I'll cut my hair."[/quote']

My wife says "if ever you want a divorce, shave your beard off"

In answer to the original guitar question, it's obvious - less time shaving=more time practicing. :D

Archived