Gibson Brands Forums

Non Gibson addititions to herd

jannusguy

Just added these today. Harmony Sovereign 1260. snagged from ebay. Goya G-10, gifted to me by a co-worker. it had been his late father's and the offer was an act of thoughtfulness. the 1260 came from the box with fresh strings (always a classy touch by the seller) and plays like it's been around here for 40+ yrs. goya will need some TLC. like removing the home made pick guard. but, from what i can hear, the wood sounds good. maybe there's a guy in maine who could make this a nice guitar. here are pics:

goya.jpg

harmony.jpg

can ya believe they're not bursts?

I agree about putting fresh strings on a guitar for the new buyer. It's like buying a used car with a full tank of gas. The last car I bought, the guy filled the gas tank up and washed the car for me. I was so impressed!

Congratulations on the new guitars. How did the Harmony sound?

karen, i am floored by how good the harmony sounds. i can't believe how little these guitars sold for back in the day. all solid wood, the back is a solid 16" piece of hog. rosewood fingerboard and bridge. great action and loud and lively. i've been a/b-ing it against some of my guitars that cost 10x as much and i'm scratching my head wondering what i was thinking. i'm quite pleased with it.

BC- thanks for the encouraging words on the goya. it appears to have suffered from inattention for awhile but i will have it brought up to snuff and see if it is something that i will play with any regularity. as i mentioned, the tone of this guitar seems promising. even though the strings are shot ( only had it a day so i haven't changed them yet) i hear something good there. the neck on this thing could double as a weapon. it's massive.

Archived