Gibson Brands Forums

Something weird...

Liystalander

Hey guys, so I was playing my DF today, and all of a sudden, the sound went completely dead. The sound crackled and distorted for a few seconds, and then it just died. The MCK, the sound, everything. No matter what I twisted, turned, or pulled, it wouldn't work. Nothing.

I plugged it into the charger, and it began to work again. Immediatley, I checked the battery, and it displayed (From left to right, looking from high e to low e) green red blank blank green green. Regardless, it has a charge.

This happened once before, but i shrugged it off as a harmless glitch. I pulled/pushed the MCK, and everything worked again. This seems to be a bit more serious, though...

Any thoughts? God, I hope this isn't gonna require an RMA...

Actually - if the Dark Fire's MCK is "up" (OUT) and LEDs are lit, and your battery connection becomes intermittent or dies - then yes - you will get zero sound out of the Dark Fire. You must rotate the MCK to "D" "G" or "A", then push the MCK "IN" to disable the active electronics, and continue to operate the Dark Fire as a stock Les Paul.

also, if it's showing green red, blank blank, green green; that's showing your pickup configuration... not your charge status. you need to move the mck to c and long press to see your charge. if it's plugged in it will climb and fall to show you that it is actively charging. hope this helps

Archived