Gibson Brands Forums

Strap Locks

Rocky4

This should automatically make you want Schallers...

Sorry Homz.

Look at the pro's 99.9% use Schaller. For a reason....

I seriously doubt you have a freaking clue as to what you're talking about. In fact the next time you get the talking points from Rush you should send em back COD. All you fascist can talk about is guns, gays, and god. Please use your own brain next time or at least spend 30 seconds doing a Google search. =P~

I've been using Schaller for years and have never had a problem. I do have a set of Dunlops on the strap I use with my SG Junior because the Schallers poke me in the gut since the strap attaches to the back of that guitar rather than the side.

What I like about the Shallers is that they seem like a more secure design. Even if the release mechanism were to fail, the strap pin is still cupped inside the the lock on the strap. With the Dunlops, it's just a pin inside of a tube where, if the release mechanism failed, the pin could slip out.

Schaller:

schalStrpLk.jpg

Dunlop:

dl_straplocks.jpg

Sorry' date=' I hit the wrong 'Pavlovian Auto Response' hot button. =P~/

Works for about 90% of my responses.[/quote']

Must be a politic thing.

I think both sides are raving lunatics....

Back on track here .... RichCI nailed it ...

What I like about the Shallers is that they seem like a more secure design. Even if the release mechanism were to fail' date=' the strap pin is still cupped inside the the lock on the strap. With the Dunlops, it's just a pin inside of a tube where, if the release mechanism failed, the pin could slip out.

[/quote']

Great engineering-based argument! This is exactly why I use Schallers on every guitar I own...

I put Schallers on everything from my cheapo $1' date='700.00 model all the way up to the high dollar ones ...[/quote']

Wow... didnt know you had one of those... what model is it? Do you have a telecaster now too?

I use Schallers in all my guitars, that should be enough for everyone else to go and buy schallers right now:-" (even if they donot play guitar and don't know what a straplock is).

Archived