Gibson Brands Forums

A Track on my 1935 Gibson Black Special L50

BluesKing777

I have been playing my 1935 Gibson Black Special L50 archtop with a Schatten bridge pickup, made a Tonedexter file and recorded a track direct to Garageband.

My sister is about to come home from Paris after attending a course in Toulouse and a few days in Bordeaux, so I played a solo guitar version of "April In Paris" from 1932 by Yip Harburg and Vernon Duke to send to her by email. Good practice for me - I played it off the lead sheet page while recording it. Who knows, some other guitarist may have played the tune on my guitar around 1935 after they bought it new!

p6hccjlh.jpg

BluesKing777.

The photos look so nice I had to record another track!

Imagine the surprise of the person who bought the guitar in 1935 if he went to fingerpick some blues and ..lookout, it has a Schatten bridge pickup running to a Tonedexter file and another lead out to a Boss VE8 vocal/guitar apparatus with a Shure SM58 mic to sing in and recording to Garageband on the trusty iMac....

So here is a hybridy sort of fingerpicked blues and vocal to capture my mood, I hope!:

BluesKing777.

Edited by BluesKing777