Jump to content
Gibson Brands Forums

Need 2M Pot


Recommended Posts

I've recently acquired a Skylark GA19RVT.  I have it on the bench now and the shaft of the volume contro was broken off at the nut.  I need to replace this pot when I go thru this amp's circuits, but when I pulled it out I noticed that it is a 2M pot. You know, I didn't realize how hard it was to find an audio 2M tapered.  All I can find at various sources are 2 M linear.  Any ideas where I can pick one up, or how to modify this with a 1M, or how much of a big deal would it be to use a linear in this spot? I'm a hobbyist guys, and only have been repairing amps for a couple of years.  This GA1RVT is the first one I've seen, or the first Gibson amp I've seen for that matter. Thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...