Gibson Brands Forums

The Weight | Playing For Change | Song Around The World

Rabs

Cool

We’re excited to share our newest Song Around The World, “The Weight,” featuring musicians performing together across 5 continents. Great songs can travel everywhere bridging what divides us and inspiring us to see how easily we all get along when the music plays. Special thanks to our partner Cambria® for helping to make this possible and to Robbie Robertson, Ringo Starr and all the musicians for joining us in celebrating 50 years of this classic song.

• Upvote 4

16 hours ago, Big Bill said:

Thanks Rabs!!! The Weight is one of my all time favorite songs, thanks for sharing that version!! 

Like Big Bill I have also liked to play along with 'The Weight' ever since I first learned it so when I clicked on the link I also picked up my recently acquired Washburn R315K Parlour guitar to "play-along-a" the track. So far so good. Then, at the 02:04 mark, what do I see but John Cruz playing his Washburn R314K Parlour guitar!......Spooky!

Nice version! I particularly liked the sitar bit!

Thanks for posting!

Pip.

1 hour ago, pippy said:

Like Big Bill I have also liked to play along with 'The Weight' ever since I first learned it so when I clicked on the link I also picked up my recently acquired Washburn R315K Parlour guitar to "play-along-a" the track. So far so good. Then, at the 02:04 mark, what do I see but John Cruz playing his Washburn R314K Parlour guitar!......Spooky!

Nice version! I particularly liked the sitar bit!

Thanks for posting!

Pip.

That is spooky!!!

I never play guitar along with it. But I long to sing along, especially after a couple of beers.

• Upvote 3