Gibson Brands Forums

We won 2019 Instrumental of the year Josie Music Award!!!!

bigtim

Been a while since I have posted anything. But long story short yesterday at the 2019 Josie Music Awards our song won Instrumental of the year! I believe it is the best thing that has ever happened to me musically. Anyways, the song was submitted by Hyram Posey who is a most talented violinist and by the way, also won musician of the year yesterday at the josie music awards and also won the 2018 Musician of the year at the American Western Music Awards 2018.

So earlier this year he submitted a few songs we have done to the Josie music awards and we won yesterday! Here is a link to the song on our studio website. The website has not been updated just yet for the announcement of the award itself. However, you can listen to the full song just by scrolling down on the main page of the website and click on it.  It is the first song that shows up called "Somewhere Else." I (Tim Henderson)  play all of the guitar both lead, rhythm  and bass, Gene Charlebois plays the drums, piano, keyboards, final mixing and Hyram Posey plays all of the violin.

Hyram called me yesterday as soon as he found out from the award ceremony and I thought it would be cool to share here with you guys. I almost posted this a while back when were were nominated then  decided  not to do so because I had doubt it would go this far. However it went all of the way!!!!  Hopefully some you will enjoy taking a listen to it and let me know your thoughts. Here is the link below.

https://charlebois-studio.com/

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

4 hours ago, Big Bill said:

Nice to see you again Tim!

Love the song!! Congratulations!! 

Thank you very much. I must admit, I lurked around a bit here and there but never posted. I just could not get the hang of how the forum format has changed so much but I am over that now and am going to post more.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kidblast said:

Incredible news Tim!  Congrats!   Love the tune man.  Nice Work!

I am glad you liked it. We have several more too. I actually took a listen to all of the other songs, 3 total, that were up for the award too. I must admit I think there was some great talent in a couple of them and I had a lot of doubt. But it all worked out great and I appreciate your kind words!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pippy said:

Hey! Many Congratulations on the Award!

Liking the track very much as I type!

[thumbup]

Pip.

Thank you. I am glad you liked the track. Having a violinist who is so good and professional to work with opens up a lot of ideas to bounce off of. I must admit since I have met him I have got to meet and record with some guys who are pretty well known. Thanks for the kind words!!

• Like 1