Gibson Brands Forums

The perfect guitar.

Navy Vet.

14 minutes ago, Navy Vet. said:

Damn that GAS. It's an expensive vapor.

You got that right. Now I only get a "little" gas from time to time. I have had 3 SG guitars. there is only one I really miss though. They are good ones. Enjoy your SG!!

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, bigtim said:

You got that right. Now I only get a "little" gas from time to time. I have had 3 SG guitars. there is only one I really miss though. They are good ones. Enjoy your SG!!

An SG cabled to a Marshall class A amp is a match made in heaven.

• Upvote 1

I've been an SG fan since about 1963, when I saw my first one in the hands of the lead

guitar player of some band at a party I went to.  I was about fifteen. I couldn't take my eyes

off that guy's guitar. It was the coolest thing I'd ever seen.  There were no Les Pauls at that time,

they had been discontinued due to lack of interest.  I probably didn't even know anything about Les Pauls

then, because Les Paul himself was passe and. played my parents' music. The SG was a rocker, and made

a deep impression on my young soul.
>After playing acoustic and bass for literally decades, I finally bought myself  Gibson SG in 2008, as a gift

to myself for turning 60. I bought an SG special with the faded finish.  That humble SG special is the best guitar

of any kind that I have ever played. By now I've modded it with all the best of everything I could buy or make,

not because there was anything wrong with it as built, but because I fell so head over heels for this guitar that

I wanted nothing but the best for my baby.  Like some sugar daddy, buying pretty things for a lovely woman...

She doesn't really need anything to be beautiful, but he loves the way she behaves when she's wearing that...
>And it's ten years later, and she's still the Queen of my music room.  The above posts are correct, G.A.S. will 

re-assert itself, but the SG is undiminished. One of th e world's best guitars, IMHO.  Mine weighs 6.75 pounds

and balances perfectly.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Col Mustard said:

I've been an SG fan since about 1963, when I saw my first one in the hands of the lead guitar player of some band at a party I went to.  I was about fifteen. I couldn't take my eyes off that guy's guitar...

Please excuse my taking the liberty of shortening your post, Col Mustard, but I thought that the whole thing was one of the most wonderfully worded testimonials to the humble Electric Guitar I've read here in a very long time.

Thank you very much; for 'feeling it' in the first place all those years ago and also for taking the time to write down your thoughts and observations so we could all enjoy it here, now, at our leisure and both individually and collectively. May you continue to enjoy your Sweet Thing for many, many years to come.

Pip.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Col Mustard said:

I've been an SG fan since about 1963, when I saw my first one in the hands of the lead

guitar player of some band at a party I went to.  I was about fifteen. I couldn't take my eyes

and balances perfectly.

I swear to the Almighty it's the perfect guitar. I can't find a problem or a concern.  I feel like I have hit the Loto with this guitar.  I have found "Oscar."

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, mihcmac said:

Nothing like getting the tone of 60's style SG Special through a Marshall... Nice Review below...

SG Special Review

I replaced the Vox amp in my bedroom with a Marshall Origin 5 and  I may never get out of my pajamas when I retire in Dec.  It's a match made in P90 heaven.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Karloff said:

every new guitar I get is like a pretty voluptuous brunette and I'm happy & content. then one day, I suddenly see another pretty voluptuous brunette maybe with curly hair , and she's smiling at me ...

I kind of go for red-heads, myself.  Well, and brunettes, too.  Right now, I'm seeing a blonde, but I just hate it that she dyes her roots black.

• Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, Mr. Natural said:

I kind of go for red-heads, myself.  Well, and brunettes, too.  Right now, I'm seeing a blonde, but I just hate it that she dyes her roots black.

At my age I dig woman who have almost all of their teeth.

Edited by Navy Vet.
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Notes_Norton said:

I love SG guitars.

I find only a few things I disagree with

(1) neck dive - I like to be able to take my hands off and still find the axe in the same place

(2) No master volume knob - but this can be modded. 

I like the cherry ones the best - they are classics!!!

Insights and incites by Notes

Im a little fond of the "cherry" ones myself.  whistling.gif

redsgs3.jpg

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2