Gibson Brands Forums

Avocados?

Navy Vet.

27 minutes ago, saturn said:

Avocados seem to be big with Millennials. 

Ahh man I love Avocados, if they made it into a sauce I would try to introduce it into the bedroom.

Avocado on a hot dog doesn't sound to bad, I would want salsa ketchup or mustard. Maybe with a chili dog??

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Chicago Dogs  hold the tomato!  I like regular dogs as well with mustart  or with chili sauce a good coney dog  and Skyline dogs as well.   Now I am gonna have to have a dog today.   I too love avocado's  but I dont believe I have ever had one on a hot dog.  have had them on a burger.

Edited by kelly campbell
  • Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, kelly campbell said:

Skyline dogs as well.   

Now you're talking! Skyline  cannot be found where I live. Used to get them all the time when I lived in the Cincinnati area.  I believe its an acquired taste especially when you put that chili on spaghetti. I think they use chocolate in their recipe. Man they put a ton of shredded cheese and some raw onion on them, and it's awesome and flavor comes back and reminds you throughout the day.  

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Big Bill said:

Ahh man I love Avocados......Avocado on a hot dog doesn't sound too bad, I would want salsa ketchup or mustard. Maybe with a chili dog??...

We have avocados at least once each week. Usually we just have them as they come and as part of a side dish but I really love preparing a good home-made guacamole. I've had the guacamole-style with home-prep'd hamburgers but we don't really eat hot-dogs very often - IMX good ones are not that easy to find here in the UK - so that's something to try I guess. There was one very good eatery called Ed's Diner in London's West-End (only around 50 yards from the 'Guitar District' of Denmark St.!) which did a mean hot-dog but the founder/owner passed away earlier this year and it's been turned into a poor-quality KFC-clone. Great Shame.

The best hot-dog I've ever had was in Nathan's on Coney Island a few years back. I cannot for the life of me remember which 'Dog' I went for but it was super-tasty and super-big! My daughter found the concept of an International Hot Dog Eating Contest Countdown Board utterly hilarious!

v2-L1433011-lo-res.jpg

v3-L1432947-lo-res.jpg

Pip.

Edited by pippy
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Big Bill said:

Nathan's is arguably the best dog here in the North East. I buy the packaged style from the grocery store and I like them. I've been to a few Nathan's as you have shown above and I wasn't impressed.

Gus Hot Dogs 1915 4th Ave N  downtown Birmingham is the best place in my neck of the woods for a killer dog

1 hour ago, Big Bill said:

Nathan's is arguably the best dog here in the North East. I buy the packaged style from the grocery store and I like them. I've been to a few Nathan's as you have shown above and I wasn't impressed.

Ah, you must bear in mind that my experience with really good Hot Dogs is practically non-existent, Bill. Just because I thought the Dog I had on Coney Island was tasty does not mean that it would, erm, cut the mustard (Ho!) with all you folks who know the real-deal when it comes along and bites their bum.

Pip.

• Upvote 1

I've had 3 or 4 superb avocados this summer; either halved with lemon juice, olive oil and pepper, or in a salad - avo and bacon is always a good one.  Mayo with that, too.

I read that mashed avo on toast is a popular choice these days.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, pippy said:

Ah, you must bear in mind that my experience with really good Hot Dogs is practically non-existent, Bill. Just because I thought the Dog I had on Coney Island was tasty does not mean that it would, erm, cut the mustard (Ho!) with all you folks who know the real-deal when it comes along and bites their bum.

Pip.

It funny how the same type of food taste different on either side of the pond. I first had Indian food (Curry) in the UK about 25 years ago, I LOVED IT!!!! Here in the states, blah! I thought maybe it was just the restaurants here in New Jersey.  When I was in London in August I ordered me some Curry and now I remember what I fell in love with.  

• Upvote 2

Love avocados. Especially on burgers with american cheese and raw onions. On a dog sounds good.

I tried to grow avocado trees here and our unfiltered well water was way too hard so they didn't make it  or at least were on the way to not making it when they burned.

I'm going to give it another try, with fresher water.😁

• Upvote 1

Although my wife would probably like avocado on a hot dog (although she puts mayonnaise on a hot dog...ugh), I’ll pass.  However, I do enjoy a good Chicago dog, sometime with and sometimes without the sports peppers.  Also a good chili dog and regular dogs with mustard and relish.

And if I make it up to a Texas Rangers game at Globe Life Park in Arlington, and I am with someone who is also really hungry, this certainly hits the spot:  

• Upvote 2

On 9/24/2019 at 5:50 PM, Big Bill said:

Nathan's is arguably the best dog here in the North East. I buy the packaged style from the grocery store and I like them...

On the subject of Dogs (again);

Hereabouts it's surprisingly difficult to get really good Frankfurters. Delicatessens apart pretty much everywhere has the same brand in stock - Herta - as well as (occasionally) their own in-store brand. Herta are OK so it's hardly a disaster and what we usually do with them is wrap them in puff pastry to turn them into a frankfurter-based sausage-roll. Great for our daughter's school lunch box and perfect, when sliced into 2" sections, for snacking on when her friends come around our place.

Here's what we get over in UK-land;

herta.jpg

Pip.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, pippy said:

Herta are OK so it's hardly a disaster and what we usually do with them is wrap them in puff pastry to turn them into a frankfurter-based sausage-roll. Great for our daughter's school lunch box and perfect, when sliced into 2" sections, for snacking on when her friends come around our place.

Here's what we get over in UK-land;

herta.jpg

Pip.

Ha!! Ha!!!  😂😂

How much did Herta pay you for this commercial advertisement?

• Upvote 1