Gibson Brands Forums

Song Association Game

Notes_Norton

Now that's a great album, still have the vinyl!

[thumbup]

Yup. Billy Bremner is a vastly under-rated guitarist. And as for Albert Lee's playing on "Sweet Little Lisa"...........[woot]...........eusa_clap.gif.....what can I say?!

Lady In Red - Chris DeBurgh

"Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polka Dot Bikini" - Brian Hyland.

P.

[thumbup]

Yup. Billy Bremner is a vastly under-rated guitarist. And as for Albert Lee's playing on "Sweet Little Lisa"...........[woot]...........eusa_clap.gif.....what can I say?!

"Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polka Dot Bikini" - Brian Hyland.

P.

Sexy Little Thing - Chickenfoot

I've missed the connection..?? <...>

"Brick House" is a shortened version of "She's Built Like A Brick S***t House" which means she is a very sexy lady - and that goes with Sexy Little Thing - I guess the phrase is no longer being used. When I was on the road in the South and Midwest I heard that term a lot, especially in the rural areas.

Home Sweet Home-Peter Gabriel.

"(There's No Place Like) Home for the Holidays"

"Brick House" is a shortened version of "She's Built Like A Brick S***t House" which means she is a very sexy lady - and that goes with Sexy Little Thing - I guess the phrase is no longer being used. When I was on the road in the South and Midwest I heard that term a lot, especially in the rural areas.

"(There's No Place Like) Home for the Holidays"

Breathe (Reprise) - Pink Floyd

"Home, home again.

I like to be here when I can.

When I come home cold and tired

It's good to warm my bones beside the fire."

P.S. I'll have you know that that phrase is still ingrained in my psyche and in those very special moments, even if it's not spoken aloud, will flow unbidden across my consciousness. Clearly you have to go back a ways to understand the proper application of this vivid description. It was commonplace in my youth....

"Home, home again.

I like to be here when I can.

When I come home cold and tired

It's good to warm my bones beside the fire."

P.S. I'll have you know that that phrase is still ingrained in my psyche and in those very special moments, even if it's not spoken aloud, will flow unbidden across my consciousness. Clearly you have to go back a ways to understand the proper application of this vivid description. It was commonplace in my youth....

Thankyou - now I get it. In the U.K. it's usually '"he's built like a brick s***house" referring to a big guy you wouldn't mess with!

"Eternity's Breath" - John McLaughlin/Mahavishnu Orchestra

"Brick House" is a shortened version of "She's Built Like A Brick S***t House" which means she is a very sexy lady...
Thankyou - now I get it. In the U.K. it's usually '"he's built like a brick s***house" referring to a big guy you wouldn't mess with!...

And if it was "She's built like a Brick Sh!thouse" you really wouldn't mess with her!...

[scared]

Anyhoo...

Young, Wild & Free - Wiz Khalifa . Snoop Dogg

"I'm Gonna Live 'Til I Die" - Frank Sinatra's version.

I love the line "I'll be a Devil 'til I'm an Angel...".........[laugh]

P.

<...>

"I'm Gonna Live 'Til I Die" - Frank Sinatra's version.

I love the line "I'll be a Devil 'til I'm an Angel...".........[laugh]

P.

Ol' Man River - Frank Sintara's Version (w/m by Oscar Hammerstein & Jerome Kern)

And this line is a little sadder than the one Pippy quoted:

I get weary and so sick of tryin', I'm tired of livin', and afraid of dyin'

Ol' Man River - Frank Sintara's Version (w/m by Oscar Hammerstein & Jerome Kern)

Seriously folks - Frank Sinatra Jr is now doing a "Sinatra sings Sinatra" show, due at Ronnie Scott's this summer.....

"The River's Invitation" - Percy Mayfield (I can recommend the Amos Garrett version)

Seriously folks - Frank Sinatra Jr is now doing a "Sinatra sings Sinatra" show, due at Ronnie Scott's this summer.....

"The River's Invitation" - Percy Mayfield (I can recommend the Amos Garrett version)

(Sittin' On) The Dock Of The Bay - Otis Redding