Gibson Brands Forums

NGD Hummingbird TV 2019

Violeiro

One thing for sure, I will be hard pressed (a $$$ deal I could not resist) to buy another guitar without thin finish. This guitar is sooooo light, it rings for days, trebles are there, bass is there...

Compared to my D-18, both are very very different (more to come...) and both are great ... I think I like the Bird best, but I think it is because of how the thin finish affects the sound...which means I need a D-18 thin finish to compare đŸ€”

Another thing, I am in love with the short scale on a dread...holy smokes Batman, my favorite guitar is my 000-28, which is so much fun because of the scale length...on top of the GE brace and adi top of course... anyways, wow....the short scale on a dread is awesome đŸ„°

sDCoH7M.jpg

Uj9xqge.jpg

B52oJD5.jpg

Edited by Violeiro

Dear Moderator-

I would like to respectfully motion that an sticky be added to the others at the top of the page to allow forum users to be able to post photos- the increased GAS levels would return rewards for Gibson, and people would be able to share their happy NGD.

Maybe something as simple as "go to  imgur.com, upload your pic to there, select that photo from your "album" click on Copy button for  BBCode, which will allow for the direct imbedding into the page here on the Gibson forum." Thanks.

Now- pics, or it didn't happen. 😉

Congrats, and happy NHBTV weekend to you.

• Like 1

I'm  not sure, and the differences  may seem  minor in some respects -  but I'm guessing yours is a "Vintage" model, and not the older "True Vintage" model ?   

I use Elixir nano web 80/20  bronze medium lights on my TV.  And, as  EM7 noted - OLD.  

Edited by fortyearspickn

3 minutes ago, fortyearspickn said:

I'm  not sure, and the differences  may seem  minor in some respects -  but I'm guessing yours is a "Vintage" model, and not the older "True Vintage" model ?   

I use Elixir nano web 80/20  bronze medium lights on my TV.  And, as  EM7 noted - OLD.  

Mine is the TV. Trying to get pics up now...