Gibson Brands Forums

Pacific Reef

Congratulations, that's a beauty!  drool.gif    

Those 2015 Specials rock!  I love mine.  musik.gif

Also, I see that the zero fret brass nut has already been swapped out for the titanium one.  Sweeet! 

Edited by arcticsg
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I bought  one, same color even, back when they were blowing them out.  I already have another Standard, but I was curious about this and figured I'd probably just flip it.  But I'm impressed. The '61s are enough different.  Top shelf quality.  Turns out to be a keeper.

Enjoy!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Colnago1 said:

Weird, why does your SG have Leo Bauloo's Signature on it? And who is Leo Bauloo?

You may think making fun of one of the last Les Paul signatures is funny, but that is just plain disrespectful.  Not the least funny.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, Colnago1 said:

Les hated the SG. 

Okay, if that's your point, and not belittling the sig as is usually done, then I "take it back".  Yes, good point then, too.  it is a bit convoluted that his sig ends up on a modern SG even when it is supposed to honor him.  I would even agree it would have been more appropriate to leave it off the SGs.  

Edited by Wmachine
  • Like 2

On 10/8/2019 at 6:57 AM, Wmachine said:

Okay, if that's your point, and not belittling the sig as is usually done, then I "take it back".  Yes, good point then, too.  it is a bit convoluted that his sig ends up on a modern SG even when it is supposed to honor him.  I would even agree it would have been more appropriate to leave it off the SGs.  

No kidding!  

Oh but, we love that hologram....

Edited by arcticsg
  • Like 1