Gibson Brands Forums

Whats the body made out of???

bemb

376160349_2011GibsonNighthawk.JPG.0efa49a3dc763ce69242953c7392325d.JPG

I just bought this 2011 Gibson Studio Nighthawk and should be receiving it soon, What is the body made out of, some places say mahogany others say poplar which is it? They also show hat knobs on them and this one has speed knobs and it is suppose to be all original. I am Confused! Can anyone help?

10 hours ago, bemb said:

376160349_2011GibsonNighthawk.JPG.0efa49a3dc763ce69242953c7392325d.JPG

I just bought this 2011 Gibson Studio Nighthawk and should be receiving it soon, What is the body made out of, some places say mahogany others say poplar which is it? They also show hat knobs on them and this one has speed knobs and it is suppose to be all original. I am Confused! Can anyone help?

The 2011 Studio should have a solid mahogany body and hat knobs. If yours have speed knobs they are probably not original to the guitar. That's an easy fix though. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks for your help, could not even find a listing from Gibson anymore on it, I have owned quite a few Les Pauls from the 1970's until today and it seems like all of them have had different things than they had said, the last Custom I bought was in 2017 and it was brand new and it did not have the pickups they said it came with that is why I am not sure about this used guitar I bought, but thanks for your help!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bemb said:

Thanks for your help, could not even find a listing from Gibson anymore on it, I have owned quite a few Les Pauls from the 1970's until today and it seems like all of them have had different things than they had said, the last Custom I bought was in 2017 and it was brand new and it did not have the pickups they said it came with that is why I am not sure about this used guitar I bought, but thanks for your help!

To be honest, I think Gibson have been all over the place with their models. There has been so  Many of them and so many variations of each.