Gibson Brands Forums

Old Age Is Over Rated

SteveFord

Back home and the nurse (and doctor) were right: decades of pipe tobacco finally caused plateletes to go berserk, clog together and plug up my ticker.  Doctor said next one will be fatal SO off to the dump goes my gigantic pipe and tobacco accessory collection.  Shame as I LOVE smoking but guess a little too much.

Saw my Arai helmet (totally trashed, all vent stuff ripped off, face shield broken in two) and how far I went once I blacked out (a good mile down and up a hill before I jumped 4' down into that corn field and ripped through that and then up a big hill towards a power plant).  Judging by the amount of corn stalks I dragged with me I had the throttle pegged in one of the upper gears in my race to get home before I backed off the throttle.  I was moving.

A miracle all around.

• Like 3

Holy cow !

Many years of riding out in Arizona in my youth. Used to have a Sunday morning ritual with a friend, we'd ride up through the mountains to a little pub that opened at noon, have a few (just a few) brews and ride home. Incredible views, but some horrible cliffs!

Couldn't imagine that.

Best to ya and Godspeed.

• Like 1