Gibson Brands Forums

Natural Topped Hummingbird True Vintage

thegreatgumbino

This is a cross post as I mentioned it in the Sheryl Crow Country and Western thread, but I wanted to share this natural topped 2010 Hummingbird True Vintage that went up for sale at Dave's yesterday.  Unfortunately, it sold in the first 24 hours after posting.   I didn't know a natural topped version even existed as I've only seen the burst version.   What a stunning guitar, IMO.  I have lusted after a TV for years, and actually called about this one yesterday, but I didn't purchase it because I didn't want my wife to castrate me.  I got back on their site this morning thinking about buying it anyway, but it was already sold.  I hope someone here was able to snag it!

Dave's Posting

W2DNtA0.jpg

WlfGicC.jpg

6KFQTtZ.jpg

Edited by thegreatgumbino

Just as we went sleepwalking around the thought that this version never existed, Bozeman took us by surprise again - almost 10 years ago !

Some curve traffic where the trumpet-flower tops the white-ring rosette, but no issue really. 

Another extremely rare Bird - yet I prefer the faded cherry toffee brown masterpiece we know so well. 

But hep for the exception - that too may end up almost orange one day.

Very interesting guitar. Out of all the TV's that I've been able to get my hands on the real standouts to my ear have all been sitka-topped. But those have all come from the early runs (2007, 2008).  I don't mention this to add to your disappointment and will note that as nice as that top looks I prefer the cherryburst on the Hummingbirds even though  I'm not a big cherryburst fan.  Not sure how to explain it but some models just don't look right to me without the 'burst such as the J-45 and the Advanced Jumbo. When it comes to a guitar like the J200 on the other hand I find myself torn between the natural top and the 'burst.