Gibson Brands Forums

Dave F

Nice way to display your guitars.

Do you run positive air pressure in the room to keep the dust down?

I could never do that in my office because of air-borne dust, probably due to central AC which is on at least six months of the year. Once every couple of months, I have to vacuum it from top to bottom. The guitars stay nice and clean in their cases, but of course I don't get to look at them, which would be nice.

I hope where you live isn't subject to earthquakes, with all those guitars on the wall and hanging on racks. It's probably not a good arrangement for anyone in California or some other states which re subject to tremors.

3 hours ago, j45nick said:

Nice way to display your guitars.

Do you run positive air pressure in the room to keep the dust down?

I could never do that in my office because of air-borne dust, probably due to central AC which is on at least six months of the year. Once every couple of months, I have to vacuum it from top to bottom. The guitars stay nice and clean in their cases, but of course I don't get to look at them, which would be nice.

I hope where you live isn't subject to earthquakes, with all those guitars on the wall and hanging on racks. It's probably not a good arrangement for anyone in California or some other states which re subject to tremors.

No tremors in this area.

I'll keep a watch for the dust. We've only been in this house for about a year.

Geez, kind of mind boggling to think that I'd need three of those pew racks, plus one more guitar on a single stand & a double mandolin stand to display my stuff.  Only saving grace is that one pew would be for the electrics & could be much smaller.

But then there's the amps!

5 hours ago, bobouz said:

Geez, kind of mind boggling to think that I'd need three of those pew racks, plus one more guitar on a single stand & a double mandolin stand to display my stuff.  

You should on that - I'd look for a picture tour of your collection when your done!

A couple updates. Switched the Gibson wall a little and added the F5L. Still room for something in the corner.

Got the Martins off the tree and gave then their wall.

Next is a wall of small bodies then a few electrics.

Music Room update 2

Music Room update 2

Music Room update 2

• Like 1

Another update

The small wall was too small for the small bodies. Had to use one stand.

'42 LG1, L1 F-hole, 1932 L00 RI,  LG2 Banner RI,  Nick Lucas Mystic RW,  LC Century of Progress RI,  CJ165 RW, Custom Zeiler L00 Peach.

Music Room update 3

Some miscellaneous ones the tree.  There's 5 more guitars plus the Uke's and Mando's I need to think about.

'64 Teisco, off brand U of L, 1966 Gretsch CG

Music Room update 3

1970 Ovation, Gretsch Chet Atkins Roundup RI 

Music Room update 3

Eastwood Posey Mando Guitar, Gibson LP Std w/Bigsby, Fender Tele Select

Music Room update 3

On 10/14/2019 at 4:56 AM, billroy said:

You should do a weekly installment, each week focusing on something new in the room  - and this week 'from dave's music room...  '  

... and you should start with a review of your current player.  what is it, what's unique about it, what makes it special to you.  Then give a little clip to hear what it sounds like.  Just in case you needed help on where to start 🙂