Gibson Brands Forums

New amp

Guitar God

Found this on my local Craigslist the other day and picked it up today. It's a Peavey Heritage VTX 130 combo. Listed as an '82 model. Sounds good. Loud, too. Cool sounding amp. Also has a built in phaser effect, too. The guy bought it brand new and only gigged it twice and tucked it away all these years. Still has the original tubes, manual that's still sealed in the bag, and price sticker on it. It is a hybrid amp. Got it for $180.
lYfhZiT.jpg

• Like 3

Very good deal.  

In the late 70s - early 80s I had a 4x10 50w Peavey Classic combo, VT (hybrid) with phaser and that 4-way footswitch which had its own special socket.

It was an excellent amp, well built and a bit darker than a Fender.  Wish I still had it.

👍

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, jdgm said:

Very good deal.  

In the late 70s - early 80s I had a 4x10 50w Peavey Classic combo, VT (hybrid) with phaser and that 4-way footswitch which had its own special socket.

It was an excellent amp, well built and a bit darker than a Fender.  Wish I still had it.

👍

This is a really great sounding amp. This one is the 2x12 130 watt combo Heritage VTX. It has the built in phaser and 4 button footswitch, too.  As good as this sounds, I bet the one you had sounded good, too. Peavey made some great stuff. You can find a lot old/older Peaveys second hand at great prices. 

• Like 1