Gibson Brands Forums

Gary Moore sale

LarryUK

12 hours ago, jdgm said:

There are 10 Marshall heads there...

But only three guitars?!........:-k.........

I'd fancy the Bluesbreaker combo too.

They've had quite a lot of nice stuff through the years. The auction results can be weird, though. Sometimes I've seen nice stuff go crazy cheap (some beat-up pre-CBS Strats especially) but in  other months the prices can be almost 'West-End' high. A time-machine would come in handy for popping back to the low-bid auctions.

Pip.

20% VAT + auction house fees don't make it very attractive.  Confused about what was actually available, they only described 3 guitars, but then scrolling down to photos there were a lot more guitars shown - not sure if they were to be in the auction or not.  Lot of Marshall heads.

They may add more Gary Moore stuff before the listings complete. 

I should have gone to the March auction. This featured a huge amount of Pete Watts gear, including about 70 of his guitars.

There were not one but two Gibson L7s; a 1953 and a (circa) 1936. It would have been nice just to see those.

I was interested in the 1966 Fender Duo Sonic and also a Tokai '335'. Both sold for more than I would have paid though. This is the archive link. march 2019

However, had I gone, I would likely have brought home this Pat Eggle (estimate £400-£600) which didn't sell !

lot0291-e1548775934104.jpg