Gibson Brands Forums

Chuck Berry 350T

Twang Gang

So what do you guys think of the new Custom Shop Chuck Berry 350T?  Cool looking guitar although I've never cared for P-90s that much.  Noticed it has a short 23.5 inch scale which I don't recall in any other Gibson guitars.  Although the Byrdland has a short scale.  Only $10K retail price and only making 55 of them so better get your orders in right away.

• 1 year later...
On 10/18/2019 at 3:44 PM, Twang Gang said:

So what do you guys think of the new Custom Shop Chuck Berry 350T?  Cool looking guitar although I've never cared for P-90s that much.  Noticed it has a short 23.5 inch scale which I don't recall in any other Gibson guitars.  Although the Byrdland has a short scale.  Only $10K retail price and only making 55 of them so better get your orders in right away.

In 1957 they only made 75 of the blonde 350-T's.

15 minutes ago, RBSinTo said:

If I had the money and the inclination to spend $10,000.00 on a guitar it would neither be an electric nor a Gibson.

RBSinTo

Yep,

I'd buy a Preston Thompson 00 and 000 in Hog or RW. I played a Preston Hog Dread in Carter's Vintage, and it was hands down the finest instrument I ever held.

Here is their site. Prices are no where near a Generation Collection G-45. And they only have one hole.

http://pktguitars.com/

But I need a new garage door, so . . . 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Thanks 1

Tell ya the truth, I'd rather have an actual '55 model ES-350!  [wink]  Which I'm guessing might cost far less than the 10 Gs  Gibson is asking for a NEW 350 "signature" guitar presumably "signed" by someone who's been DEAD four years now.  :rolleyes:  Sorry Gibson, but-----

I usually come into town on a bus or in my own car.  NEVER a turnip truck.  [wink]

Anyway....  One site I checked it out on informed me it was no longer available.

Whitefang

They are very nice looking. I'd like them to do a Tal Farlow ES- 350 like the one he played in the 50's, or at least reissue the 1950's ES-350. I guess as Whitefang pointed out, you can find them used for less than a new reissue would cost if they did make them! 

Edited by cody78