Gibson Brands Forums

Anyone Heard from Digger lately?

IanHenry

Rob is doing fine. Still infatuated with getting fire wood. We talk back and fort almost every day.  He has some lower back pain and a sore throat that won't go away so I've been praying for him on that. Other than that, His wife Gael, won second place on a painting she did in an Art show so he was very excited about that.  I left a while back too because the computer was giving me eye problems.  Spending too much time on it. I miss all you guys so maybe I'll have to check in a little more often.  The Epiphone Lounge went pretty dead and I don't know as much about guitars as some of you but I can check in. 

• Like 2

Hi Folks,

Butch told me about this thread so I thought I’d come and stick my nose in. Thanks to all who were wondering how I am.

Apart from getting old and having a long list of aches and pains, I’m fine thanks.

As Butch said we talk ever day and are great mates. Notes and I are mates too and talk regularly ever since we met up last year...good people. Jim, Pinch also drop in and say G'day and I welcome their contact, others too from time to time. My email is gumfarm@gmail.com and if you want to catch up then I welcome hearing from you.

I dropped out of a number of forums pretty much at the same time as I’ve spent too many hours sitting in front of this darn computer. Some of you may know that we are in the depths of a deep drought down here and I simply can’t keep up with all the dead things that need cutting out. Also as I get older my capacity for hard works gets less and less.

However I still spend most of my time with a chainsaw in my hands or sitting on a tractor..hey, it’s my life!

I do miss you guys but after 11 1/2 years I really have done the forum thing and am backing out. Besides, us old farts need to make room  for the next mob coming through.

Edited by Digger
  • Like 3

Yep, I'm pretty much done with the Gibson Forum. I suspect it's just that you get bored with such things after a while, but it feels like it's been dying a slow and steady death and the people I found interesting have all but gone or rarely post. I must be down 80%+ on posting versus a few years ago. The new format just sped up the death rattles...some say they like it but many many people just stopped around that time without fanfare which speaks volumes. No hard feelings but, it was a great place to hang out back when!

• Like 3

Well, being a relative newbie, I'm sorry to see the reduced flow in traffic (learned a lot, and appreciate the group of folks with a shared interest... along with some some pretty cool / entertaining stories)  - but do understand...  things ebb and flow.   I am routing for folks to become more engaged, but yeah not sure I predict that though.

I’m heading into hospital for surgery on Monday actually.

I’ve been having trouble with my throat and voice box for about 10 weeks, affecting my voice badly

They’re going in to see what the cause is and depending on what they find, removing it.

I may have to be on a beer diet for sometime after that...Grin~

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr. Natural said:

Well, best of luck on Monday.  I hope everything goes well.  Hopefully the problem won't be anything major, and you can still go on that beer diet.

Thanks Mr N,

Yep the beer diet is a goer no matter what! It’s the heat you know...Grin~

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Digger said:

I’ve been having trouble with my throat and voice box for about 10 weeks, affecting my voice badly

They’re going in to see what the cause is and depending on what they find, removing it.

Hoping for the best for you, Rob. 🙏🏼

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Digger said:

Good luck there Digger, I hope everything works out alright.

• Like 3