Gibson Brands Forums

2007 SJ Rosewood

Al Pike

Not sure if you're asking about rosewood Southern Jumbo or SJ200. I have a rosewood SJ200 that I enjoy playing. It's the more recent  Western Classic with Adi top. Gives a nice deep, rich sound when I strum it and fills the room with music. Doesn't feel nearly as big as it looks, but it does have a presence.

Edited by TomPhx

I've got a "mystic" rosewood Southern Jumbo.  I think it's a 2016 (I think).  Really a sweet instrument.  As easy-on-the-fingers as an electric.  Don't know that the word "mystic" has anything to do with anything, but I love the sound and feel of the guitar.  Always wanted an SJ and literally all the SJs I read about were hogs and often said to be  basically a J45 with bling.  Then, along comes this SJ that is made of rosewood....Hell, I don't know.  All I know is that's it's one-hell-of-a guitar...........Also got a short scale, koa AJ....lol....go figure.

23 hours ago, MissouriPicker said:

I've got a "mystic" rosewood Southern Jumbo.  I think it's a 2016 (I think).  Really a sweet instrument.  As easy-on-the-fingers as an electric.  Don't know that the word "mystic" has anything to do with anything, but I love the sound and feel of the guitar.  Always wanted an SJ and literally all the SJs I read about were hogs and often said to be  basically a J45 with bling.  Then, along comes this SJ that is made of rosewood....Hell, I don't know.  All I know is that's it's one-hell-of-a guitar...........Also got a short scale, koa AJ....lol....go figure.

Mystic must had been the new catch phrase for highly figured rosewood stump  in 2016. I have a 2016 NL Mystic RW.

2 hours ago, Dave F said:

Mystic must had been the new catch phrase for highly figured rosewood stump  in 2016. I have a 2016 NL Mystic RW.

Yeah, I think "Mystic" sounds good to  the advertising department....lol.....Seriously though,  the name did catch my attention, so the catch phrase worked....lol.....   and the design and figuring of the wood is really pretty cool.  Of course, unless I turn the guitar around and play it backwards, no one can see it.  Like lots of folks I've often sold/traded guitars that at one time were "keepers," but I suspect this Southern Jumbo truly is a "keeper."  I'm kind of at a point where I don't have to sell a good guitar to get another guitar.  A J200 is likely at the top of my hit list, but we'll see.