Gibson Brands Forums

Anyone watching The World Series?

saturn

I doubt our European members are watching. Who here in the US cares?

I've been watching the whole Series  just because I love the game of baseball. As I type, it's final game 7 and The Astros are up 2-0  over The Nationals. I'm kinda pulling for Houston just because they're American League and I have trouble liking  anything that comes from Washington DC. ( Except The Smithsonian 😎). I do like a lot of players on The Nats team though, so I won't be mad if they win.  Good game so far.

10 hours ago, jaxson50 said:

From a wild card game to the championship!  AWESOME 

They also started the year with a record of around 19-31. What a season! The Astros are a win-at-all costs organization and I think that shows with the background and behavior of some of their coaches and players so it is nice karma to see the Nats stick it to 'em! Tough to root for the Astros after the way their coaching staff treated female members of media. Just trash.

Fun Series to watch.  I didn't know who to root for as the Astros beat the Yankees (anyone beating NY is OK with me) and being a lifelong Cub fan I liked that Washington beat St. Loui in four straight.  So it was fun to watch and not be too concerned about who won.  Weird that neither team could win a home game.  Washington fans think it a really big deal because it's this franchises first World Series in 50 years.  Us Cub fans know what it's like to go more than 100 years between WS wins!!

I watched every game.  I'm a Cubs fan, too, but being down here in Texas, I also root for the 'Stros and the Rangers.  Houston won one a couple of years ago, so I'm  not really too upset that the Nats won.  I am, however, really happy that Bryce (not my favorite player) Harper wasn't there to enjoy it.  He made the Phillies a better team when he moved, and the Nationals didn't miss him at all.  Seeing how the Nationals finished, he may have made both teams better when he moved.

Living in Texas resident, I was pulling for the Astros.  Although I’m still trying to wrap my mind around the Astros being in the American League.  I remember the good old days when the Astros were my National League team and the Rangers were my American League team.  It was easy to root for both teams.  Not so much anymore.  

Had the Nationals been playing any other American League team, I would have pulled for them, especially against the Yankees.