Gibson Brands Forums

They grow up too fast!

jaxson50

2 hours ago, Murph said:

Yea, but she ain't no Mason Ramsey....

I thought about posting a smart  come back, lime,  "Mason  might not be Mason after his voice changes "  but I decided to do like Molly, and take the high road...

She has had to overcome many obstacles to be Molly,  let's just enjoy that.

• Like 1

She came to town to perform just before she won her first Guitar Player of the Year award from the International Bluegrass Music Association (2017). I attended a short strumming seminar she gave in the afternoon before her performance. Very sweet and talented woman. She was raving about her new  Pre-War Guitar. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, jaxson50 said:

I thought about posting a smart  come back, lime,  "Mason  might not be Mason after his voice changes "  but I decided to do like Molly, and take the high road...

This is the first time I've seen her just finger picking, usually flatpicking the bejeezus out of it - loved this, and love her even more for it, damn she's good.

17 hours ago, billroy said:

This is the first time I've seen her just finger picking, usually flatpicking the bejeezus out of it - loved this, and love her even more for it, damn she's good.

I agree,  I've been following her for a few years,  she just  keeps getting better,  and she has really started to branch out into other styles and techniques.   

On 11/6/2019 at 10:18 AM, jaxson50 said:

I thought about posting a smart  come back, lime,  

I was just jazzin' anyhow. She's an incredible musician. We all know that.

Mason is a gifted singer and has a bright future as well. Perhaps the future won't all be ALL techno garbage and filth.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Murph said:

I was just jazzin' anyhow. She's an incredible musician. We all know that.

Mason is a gifted singer and has a bright future as well. Perhaps the future won't all be ALL techno garbage and filth.

Ditto that.   Bluegrass and classical music  are the last refuge for unadulterated music.  Even the "Nashville " sound is using voice synthes, .  

On 11/6/2019 at 11:18 AM, jaxson50 said:

This is kinda topical for me. One of my neighbors and good friend is showing the signs of alopecia.  He is getting bald spots and when the hair grows back it is white. He keeps blaming the barber and is in denial because I know he's embarrassed.