Gibson Brands Forums

Advanced Jumbo Limted Edition of 30 guitars?

LPDEN

I have been playing my AJ for a bit more than two years now. Of all the guitars I own it is by far my favourite. It is versatile, engaging, full of exceptional tone and volume and is beautiful to look at, play and listen to.

As much as I understand Gibson making limited runs with special woods and this sort of thing, because there is a market, I can't imagine why anyone would feel a need to alter something that already borders on perfection.

My AJ has been used on the recordings of several friends and it has performed exceptionally - in one case it was even able to overcome the limitations of an incompetent recording studio. It is a guitar with unbelievable range.

For me, the standard issue sitka/EIR AJ can't be beat. I wouldn't want something else.

any pics? Seems like there's always an AJ limited run every 6 months or so

The sales guy at the time didn't have any additional information, so I figured I would try to look it up or ask here. I may stop back there today to get some more info on it. It sounded very nice. Yes, some of these limited seem to get lost on me while others spark a bit of interest. I am pretty much a purist at heart when it comes to Gibson acoustics, but if some upgraded wood (Adi, etc) is used it does make it interesting to explore..

Is this the time of year for AJ limiteds? I just ordered the Custom Shop Sweetwater Limited Edition Rosewood AJ-45 as seen here:

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/J45RWSELTD

The Sweetwater run was limited to 12, and according to Luke Herian there is one more left after I purchased mine. There are some details in there about the rosewood used for these guitars. I can't stand the wait!

Archived