Gibson Brands Forums

On 11/13/2019 at 1:05 AM, LarryUK said:

Nice guitar. Does it need those string trees?  

Not really sure about the string trees.

Non of my other telecasters have them.  I'm not worried about it and I won't be taking them off too soon.

They don't effect the way I play or the way it sounds.

20 hours ago, Californiaman said:

Not really sure about the string trees.

Non of my other telecasters have them.  I'm not worried about it and I won't be taking them off too soon.

They don't effect the way I play or the way it sounds.

They have class, like cuff links. I dig em. 

Edited by Big Bill

Interesting how Fender doesn't seem to have a phobia about building guitars in several different countries with their brand. It seems they have acknowleded the advance of technology on foreign soil and taking full advantage of it... This Tele is beautiful..

30 minutes ago, mihcmac said:

Interesting how Fender doesn't seem to have a phobia about building guitars in several different countries with their brand. It seems they have acknowleded the advance of technology on foreign soil and taking full advantage of it... This Tele is beautiful..

Fender Japan exists because FMIC knew 35 years ago that the only way they would ever put a serious dent in Asian counterfeit guitars was to take Fender to Asia.  Build them in Japan, sell them in Asia, cut the bottom out of the fake market.  The hope was people in Asia wouldn't buy fakes when they could buy the real thing in their own currency, made in their own country(ies).

That's the only reason Fender Japan exists.

rct

Edited by rct

5 hours ago, rct said:

Fender Japan exists because FMIC knew 35 years ago that the only way they would ever put a serious dent in Asian counterfeit guitars was to take Fender to Asia.  Build them in Japan, sell them in Asia, cut the bottom out of the fake market.  The hope was people in Asia wouldn't buy fakes when they could buy the real thing in their own currency, made in their own country(ies).

That's the only reason Fender Japan exists.

rct

Almost 20 years ago I bought a Fender FMT Telecaster built in Korea that was supposed to be on par with the Mexico builds, a beautiful thin line set neck. Anyway I recently checked out a Fender Modern Player Tele made in Indonesia that was quite remarkable. Currently I have been really tempted with a Fender JA-90 Tele also from Indonesia. My only point here is that Fender seems to be very diversified and using many Asian manufacturers...

Edited by mihcmac

On 11/13/2019 at 3:38 AM, Murph said:

A Japanese Tele with humbuckers.

I thought you left California.....

Oh yes, I left Murph.  Missed ya' man.  Idaho was good to me and the wife.  The kids, not so.  Wife was offered a job to take over a college medical program back in Cali.  It's something she was interested in doing.  We're back in our hometown.

Hope you're well, Murph.