Gibson Brands Forums

ES-330 Hardware / pickups value

Todd S

Greetings,

Anyone have any guidance on where to find validation & fair market value for a set of Gibson ES-330 hardware? (dogear P90 pickups, trapeze tailpiece, Grovers, pots/wiring) Got it with a bulk music gear purchase from a musician's estate. So never saw the guitar, only the box marked ES-330. 

Yes, I know I can throw them up on Reverb or eBay... Not trying to "get rich" just fair, and maybe locate & help out someone needing to restore a vintage axe.

Thanks!

On 11/14/2019 at 3:15 PM, Todd S said:

Greetings,

Anyone have any guidance on where to find validation & fair market value for a set of Gibson ES-330 hardware? (dogear P90 pickups, trapeze tailpiece, Grovers, pots/wiring) Got it with a bulk music gear purchase from a musician's estate. So never saw the guitar, only the box marked ES-330. 

Yes, I know I can throw them up on Reverb or eBay... Not trying to "get rich" just fair, and maybe locate & help out someone needing to restore a vintage axe.

Thanks!

I might be interested in the pickups and pots. Any idea what year they are?

On 11/17/2019 at 2:54 PM, Larsongs said:

If you can prove they're really from a Gibson ES330 I'm thinkin maybe a couple hundred bucks for all of it if in perfect condition.. And they're not Hot...

The question I gotta ask is why would anyone remove them? 

Several sellers on Ebay sell complete part sets from bodies they stripped and sell separately, Also some players buy to completely customize them. Maybe someone bought them to restore a beat up one or update a well used 330 sample?

I once got a LP recording set of electronics stuffed in a SF twin on trade. I thought "who the hell would do that" maybe the git a cracked neck or other serious problem?  

Sometimes I gotta scratch my head at the things people do? An ES330 is one of those "about as perfect as a Guitar can get" Instrument out of the Box... Other than a Bigsby I don't see any Mod making them better... But, different Strokes I guess....

Good luck..

• Like 1