Gibson Brands Forums

Everything's Getting Smaller....

Murph

10 minutes ago, Hall said:

Pot pies!

This! Remember when they were much larger AND they were in those tin or aluminum bowls instead of those crappy microwave ones? I want to put them in an oven and have a crisp crust and not a microwave with a soggy crust that falls apart!

When I was a teenager in the late 1970's, I worked as a 3rd manager at a fast food burger joint. 
Hardee's it was called. 

Their burgers were sizable, and their Deluxe Huskee would fill a modern day pie plate. 
Down the street, a Burger King Whopper was a crew-served meal. 
It could literally feed three hungry men, fresh off a day working in the fields. 

Flash-forward to 2019. 
All the burger joints feature their version of the $17 Half Pound Mega Burger, but I swear none of them would fill the ashtray on my 1972 Oldsmobile Vista Cruiser wagon. 
They are tiny. 

It's disheartening. 

I'm gonna shut up now. 
😞

My favorite Kelloggs granola bars became tiny, so I switched to Kashi cereal bars and those not only got smaller after a while but terrible.

A really good steak burger place in the neighborhood shrank the size of their paddies for sure just to name a few. Their chicken wings became "one pound" meaning 10, not a dozen.

But what's worse is how expensive Nashville has become in the last 5 years since a world of people from California, New York and other places have moved here. $6 Miller Lites at the honky tonks, WTF.  This place is almost unrecognizable.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/19/2019 at 7:02 AM, Murph said:

Potato chips and Frito bags are obvious. The "Family Size" will now fit into a kids lunchbox.

I dunno. The bags might be smaller, but the selection is infinite. Walmart has an entire isle, both sides, lined with potato chip options.  Potato chip paradise.

We had our floor's Christmas Party today which was catered just like every other year.

The plates were really dinky and the food was blobbed on there, cafeteria worker style.  

No seconds, half hour and out the door, back to the Pit Of Misery.

Oh well, at least it was free.

32 minutes ago, SteveFord said:

We had our floor's Christmas Party today which was catered just like every other year.

The plates were really dinky and the food was blobbed on there, cafeteria worker style.  

No seconds, half hour and out the door, back to the Pit Of Misery.

Oh well, at least it was free.

Mine is on Friday. We all do a pot luck starting at 11am and that is pretty much it for the rest of the day.

On 11/19/2019 at 5:02 AM, Murph said:

Everything's Getting Smaller

You ought to try living in Japan for a while.  Everything is smaller, and good luck trying to find a new pair of shoes that fit.  Fishing lakes in Tokyo are sized down a bit....

s7-11.jpg 

On ‎12‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 9:51 AM, Cougar said:

You ought to try living in Japan for a while.  Everything is smaller, and good luck trying to find a new pair of shoes that fit.  Fishing lakes in Tokyo are sized down a bit....

s7-11.jpg 

I did. I would leave here and go live there in a heartbeat if I could afford it. I had a blast there.

• 1 month later...