Gibson Brands Forums

Single Family Gibson L-2

Willy B

Hi  My Grandfather was a minister in Canada - he passed away in 1933 but he used to go to meetings and play his guitar.  It was a 1923 Gibson L-2.  My father did not play nor do I so it has been secured since 1933 but regularly taken out and restrung etc.  I got it in the 70s and took it in to a professional shop where they made sure all was good, restrung it and made me a substantial offer - over $2k then.  I later had it appraised for $3500 but we have moved on to the UK and here it is.  Too good to use and I really don't want to see it languish -my daughter took up the Cello.  First prize for me would be for it to go to a Christian musician who will love the history of this rare guitar.  Second prize would be for it to go to a really loving home.  It is unlisted FON in the Spann book but check out the description in the EBAY ad I put it in.  I would love to keep it but instruments need to be used and loved.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/264546649461?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649