Gibson Brands Forums

New addition to the family

ant7629

Hey guys

Just thought I would wish myself HNGD and share these pics with you.

Picked it up today, 2007 LP Standard. Had to change strings/intonation/action etc (came with 8's on it!!), but its playing wonderfully now.

CIMG0804.jpg

CIMG0806-1.jpg

CIMG0807-1.jpg

CIMG0805.jpg

Congratulations... looks beautiful' date=' how does she compare to your other paul?

Came with 8s??? Thats nuts![/quote']

Thanks!

Compared to my 08 standard, there are big differences. The main one being weight, the 07 is much heavier. Also, withe the tone, the 08 is quite a bit brighter and has more of an older sound... If that makes sense.

+1 . . . almost looks like a standard plus top. Not sure I've seen a standard with that much candy.

This may sound like a dumb question, but how do I know if it is a plus top? I bought it used and it was described as a standard.... When did they stop making the plus top?

This may sound like a dumb question' date=' but how do I know if it is a plus top? I bought it used and it was described as a standard.... When did they stop making the plus top?

[/quote']

Not a dumb question at all . . . I'm not familiar with 2007 but there's still Standard Plus 2008s available.

Nice addition, congrats! To P/G or not P/G, the ever recurring question. And the answer is it comes down to your own tastes really. I like the traditional look of a P/G as well as have come to expect one there in "feel" when I play my LP's. Again, a personal choice. If you have to fit new screws to install it, then dem00n's suggestion of a screw-less P/G is good advice if making new holes makes you faint of heart to intrude on the finish...

Archived