Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Navy Vet.

12 days and a wake up.

Good choice, Navy Vet.
I have always wanted the 339, but it was never in the cards for me. 

But my curiously-ugly, weird, beautiful Firebird?  Yeah baby!!

🙂

• Like 1

I gigged mine for several years and loved it. The size, weight, balance, tone, every single thing about it. If I still had any interest in electrics I would have kept it. 

Great choice !

• Like 1

On 12/2/2019 at 9:46 AM, Navy Vet. said:

I have 12 days until I'm officially retired. In addition to this I have a closing date on a home in Johnson City TN 18 days away..... living in the mountains of East Tennessee and trout fishing at will.

Wow, major congrats, Navy!  That's some big changes in a very short time.   We're prepping our Wild West house to get it sold so we can fund a major remodel of our place in north Idaho.  Not sure where we're going to live in the meantime.  :^/

• Like 1

Funnily, I've been looking at Fenders too. Nut a Japanese one. The 'Fender special run FRS series, It's a walnut Strat. As new but used. Good price too. 

• Like 1

Congrats on your retirement and thank you for your service. I walked out of the Air Force door in 2003 and I have no idea where the time has gone. Retirement number two is already on the horizon.  I think the -339 is a good choice. 

• Like 1

I remember my 12 days & a wake up... That's another story though....

Thank you for your Service & Congratulations..

I own most of the essential Gibson & Epiphones & love them. The looks, the Sound & how they play...

That said, Fenders have their own Sound & are great Guitars too.. I wanted to diversify the Sound of my Arsenal of Guitars so I went out & played all the Fender I could find. In 1993 I got a gift for Fathers Day, a new Fender 40th Anniv. American Strat! It is one of the best Strat's I've ever encountered. Years later I got a couple Tele's. One of them is a Fender USA Reissue '69 Thinline Tele in Aged Olympic White with Maple Fretboard.. That is one Sweet Guitar! 

With the Gibsons & Fenders I have the best of both Worlds... And both Worlds are great but neither are anything alike. 

Nothing against the 339 as it's a great Guitar but not much different sounding than the ones you have... 

Good luck & enjoy enjoy your retirement,

Larsongs

• Like 1

The clock is ticking.. When I was getting out of the army we used to scream SHORT, just to let every one know that another one survived enlistment and it felt really good to hear it coming out of my mouth.. Then many years later it was waiting for my SSI to kick in...

Currently waiting for my setneck Thinline Tele with P90's to arrive in a few days..

Enjoy your retirement and remember to play all of your guitars in your considerable collection, at least one a day to keep the doctor away... 🙂 

Edited by mihcmac
  • Like 1