Gibson Brands Forums

Dove pickguard question...

Jinder

Now the new Hummingbird and SJ200 MCs have the new style of 'design sealed in' scratchplate/pickguard, does anyone know if the latest Dove MCs feature the same style?

My touch just seems to make the design of every painted pickguard I touch fall off in front of my eyes!

Hey Jinder, how goes it? Well. if this is any help, I contaced Gibson Customer Service regarding my SJ200MC pickguard problem (I could see right thru it and there were glue globs and some white fibers all thru it which looked really tacky) and they sent a replacement p/g that I haven't put on yet - still contemplating a black/bound replacement. But, the CSR told me that they'd had some problems with pickguards in the past and were updating the process and that all newer pickguards will be sealed and will be upgraded to a better density (not thicker) ...

Hope that helps:)

Thanks JLW!

I would love a Dove with a sealed-in pickguard.

My SJ200 replacement 'guard and the factory fitted one on my MC Hummer (pardon the pun) are brilliant. Now I can strum away with my anvil hands and not wear my flora and fauna off!!

Archived