Gibson Brands Forums

Come On Into My Kitchen (J-45 TV demo)

MorrisrownSal

I picked up my guitar from Brothers Music this week... Love it. Action is where I like it. Finally just recorded this because it was easy.... bare fingers.  I may have recoded this on the forum a year back with a different guitar. Don't know! I first recorded just a few noodling tracks going through some riffs, but it was boring. Frankly I play guitar and Sing... so this is how I use the guitar naturally. 

How do I keep this home at my next gig? When I know it is there... ready to be taken out? Awww Takamine is safer bet.

Edited by Salfromchatham
  • Like 1

Thanks fellas... Yeah these guitars are just easy and do so much. I re-recorded... this time with the Focusrite Scarlett and my two live mics - a Sennheiser and a Shure. This allows me to separate and balance the vocal and guitar better...

And Nick this is it... nothing is better.

I been around the guitar world and I’m just good now.  Although I over extended. I got the three guitars I want and need.  I got the wallet that makes sure this stays the case haha haha.

i have a gig on 12/18. Maybe I’ll do one in January. Things are calming down now at home for the time being. Have to take care of myself. 

oh and wish me luck. I also picked last week to quit smokes.

Edited by Salfromchatham

Here is what went through my mind as I listened to your performance:

I imagine myself sitting on a couch in a dimly lit room. It's early in the morning after a very long night. One of those moments when I know that I should just go get some sleep, but I don't as I just want to finish listening to the song. While absorbing your rendition of this tune a slight grin appears on my face — subconsciously summoned by the last bit of energy that I can still muster.

Nicely done. That guitar suits you well.

• Like 2

Absolutely loved it, Sal.  Both the guitar and the vocals.  So good to see you posting tunes again.  

the guitar sounds huge and so sweet.  Great catch!

good luck with the smokes.  I did it 35 years ago and am glad every day of my life...I thought of it as quitting just one cigarette at a time.  When the urge hit I said “I’ll just not smoke this one”...pretty soon all was calm.

best to you and yours, friend.

Roger

2 hours ago, rbpicker said:

Absolutely loved it, Sal.  Both the guitar and the vocals.  So good to see you posting tunes again.  

the guitar sounds huge and so sweet.  Great catch!

good luck with the smokes.  I did it 35 years ago and am glad every day of my life...I thought of it as quitting just one cigarette at a time.  When the urge hit I said “I’ll just not smoke this one”...pretty soon all was calm.

best to you and yours, friend.

Roger

Early days for Sal after only a week on the razors!

I don’t know about your area but in southern Australia, they have very peculiar ideas and laws about smoking now! I am still off them after many years now and I was at a little supermarket that people stop at on the way from the train station......and the 2 women ahead of me were buying fags. So, the shop has to hide them so nobody can see a smoke packet, they are under the counter somewhere where we can’t see them open the drawer, the packets are plain cardboard with no brand but pictures of gangrene feet, the name Benson and Hedges in very small plain type down the bottom of the pack.........and here is what made my ears turn inside out while watching:  one woman wanted a pack of 30s B&H and the shop assistant said: “That will be $45, thanks”.

So the poor must be smoking banana skins again!

Anyway, I won’t give advice, just say that for me, none of the quit stuff worked and the nico patches made me quite sick, the quack meds gave me nightmares.....so I just....stopped...cold turkey...have NOT had one since. I ate some of that weird sugarless licorice but that can send your blood pressure to the moon.....I generally yelled at everyone I know.....some concluded I was mad and some haven’t spoken to me ever again....

With the extra cash in my pockets, I started the Guitar Fund with the idea of misdirecting my thoughts to the things that I like and encourage myself to keep going. But I didn’t know if I would keep at it and get all...these...guitars.......  A planner type person may have said something like: “I will not smoke at all and the money saved will in 2 years time buy me a 42 J45 Banner in mint con ..and a 43 LG2 Banner in mint con.”

So if you want plans for a very large extension of the basement and room above.........

BluesKing777.

Wonderful Sal, on so many levels, playing, singing, recording are all super. Sounds like your're finding your way home after a bump in the road.   Great headphones too! Best sound per dollar available anywhere!

Lars

By the way, what was done to fix the action of your guitar? Minor stuff or big surgery?

13 hours ago, Lars68 said:

Wonderful Sal, on so many levels, playing, singing, recording are all super. Sounds like your're finding your way home after a bump in the road.   Great headphones too! Best sound per dollar available anywhere!

Lars

By the way, what was done to fix the action of your guitar? Minor stuff or big surgery?

Hey Lars.. these are those cheap headphone you told the forum about!  They grow in you. Need longer cordage though.

the Guitar needed some fretwork up high, a new Tall saddle, and just the good touch of Brothers. I don’t have tools to check action and angles etc...  so not major... but more than a truss rod adjustment.  I bought it and the saddle had been shaved too low, and the truss rod cranked all the way to put a gigantic bow in the neck to stop the buzzing. So the neck needed to be straightened, and a taller saddle made.