Gibson Brands Forums

Best James Bond Theme Song

Bluemoon

+1

Great song...

Here's a bit of song trivia...

Whats the only James Bond film not to feature the film name in the song??

Flight959

I'll play:

My answer is Dr. No. The original James Bond theme, which was an instrumental (so obviously there is no mention of the film's name), was this film's opening song.

If you have any doubts watch this.

I LOVED that. I'm a giant McCartney fan. His voice is awesome on that.

I voted other because even though I love Live and Let Die I think the best Bond song is You Know My Name by Chris Cornell. Awesome solo Cornell tune that fits the movie perfectly. Not to mention the artwork is bada$$ too. My band does an acoustic version I should be able to put up later.

You can hear it here.

+1

Great song...

Here's a bit of song trivia...

Whats the only James Bond film not to feature the film name in the song??

Flight959

Wouldn't that be "Nobody Does it Better" from "The Spy Who Loved Me"? While it's true that Dr. No doesn't mention the movie title, that trivia bit is usually referring to the themes with lyrics!

Wouldn't that be "Nobody Does it Better" from "The Spy Who Loved Me"? While it's true that Dr. No doesn't mention the movie title' date=' that trivia bit is usually referring to the themes with lyrics![/quote']

Thats right...

Octop u s s y is the only theme not to mention the title..

Flight959

I know not many people will agree' date=' but I like "For Your Eyes Only". Maybe it's a nostalgia thing with me since that movie and song came out at a very formative time in my life.[/quote']

I like that one too, but I don't think it's the best of the choices listed. I've always had a soft spot for Sheena Easton. (Shhhh...don't tell anyone)

Wouldn't that be "Nobody Does it Better" from "The Spy Who Loved Me"? While it's true that Dr. No doesn't mention the movie title' date=' that trivia bit is usually referring to the themes with lyrics![/quote']

"Nobody Does It Better" does indeed contain the words "like heaven above me, the spy who loved me, is keeping all my secrets safe tonight."

But okay, "All Time High" does not mention the word "Octo*****."

Man, good thread. There was some good ones, but out of all of them, I'd have to go with the original JB theme song. That bom da da bom, da da, bom da da bom da da.

I am a huge JB fan. When I was this geeky kid in high school, I approached the hottest chick in school and said, "Hi, I'm Allen, James Allen." Trying to be suave, like my idol.

Her reply: "Really? I'm off, f*&K off."

Obviously, I am no James Bond.

Archived