Gibson Brands Forums

I’ve been reunited with my R0

pauloqs

Earlier this year I tried the best guitar I ever played, a 60th Anniversary R9 in Southern Fade. I felt very familiar to me even when I first played it. I’ve played other R9s before, but never had the type of immediate bond with any other guitar, my R0 (G0) was the closest. I decided to not let the R9 go. So as a result, I traded in several of my guitars, including my R0. 

I recently ordered a used guitar from the shop and when I went to pick it up, I saw a used R0 that looked pretty similar to mine. I asked if I could check the serial number and lo and behold, it was my R0. I told the manager my story and he offered to sell it back to me for the same price they bought it from me. I couldn’t believe it. I had to ask him if he was sure about it as it had been several months. So I returned the used BFG with P-90s, sold them a Gibson USA Les Paul Standard and some cash to get my R0 back. 

The flames on it like to play hide and seek. Some angles makes the top look very plain, but other angles is flame festival. This guitars love the spotlight because every picture I take brings out all its flame. 

Here it is with a bonus picture with my R9. As you can see, I have a type. 

pOJqo3c.jpg

xo5SCLP.jpg

2YkAOoP.jpg

1LM2E5c.jpg

And here is what I traded for it 

LMkBX0l.jpg

It’s a Standard 50s which wad just phenomenal, but it wasn’t getting played because the R9 was even better. The neck on that Standard 50s measured and felt very close to my R9. 

• Like 3